Well I posted a question in the which amp thread but only got one response in 24 hours lol. But anyways...

I'm thinking about getting a new amp, or maybe upgrading. Right now I have a Peavey Valveking 112. The distortion is dreadful and the clean is decent. I mostly play Metal, Modern Rock, and a little Hardcore. So distortion is a must! And I'd like the clean to be decent enough to practice on. I'm also going to college in August so I need to take that into account. I hate not having a master volume on my Peavey.

So as far as amp suggestions go I've had the Randall RX series recommended to me but no specific amp. I've also been told the Randall RG50tc. My budget is around 650 American.

And if you suggest I upgrade my Valveking then please tell me what to do with it.

Thank you =D
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
The valveking should be good enough, but hte Randall RG50TC is great for the brootalx
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I just find the peaveys distortion to be weak. Thts just my preference though

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
If your guidelines for bad distorton=not enough, get the RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well I think it doesnt have enough and the tone of it just bothers me. Idk how to describe it lol. I'm no help at all.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Retube (maybe put in a new set of JJs), replace the speaker with a Celestion Vintage 30, and buy a good distortion pedal like the EHX Metal Muff. You already have a good tube amp. No sense in buying another one.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
That's alright.
I'm assuming that you want a tighter, more "metal" tone so to speak, whereas the valveking has been hailed as having a sort of a muddy, undefined tone.
The Randall RG50TC would serve you well then.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
darkarbiter7-Yes thats exactly want I want!! a tighter more metal tone!! I just couldnt explain it lol.

mafroptee-Would retubing and the speaker swap make my tone like darkarbiter mentioned? He hit want i want right on the head. A tighter more metal tone. will the swaps do that?

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Read. That plus a good distortion pedal should definitely make it one hell of a metal amp.
Well, try swapping out tubes and such first.
But, try out the randall to see if you like it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well what tubes do you guys recommend? I'm absolutely clueless on tubes.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
JJs are really popular. Sovtek also seem to be pretty popular.
Quote by HugeRed
darkarbiter7-Yes thats exactly want I want!! a tighter more metal tone!! I just couldnt explain it lol.

mafroptee-Would retubing and the speaker swap make my tone like darkarbiter mentioned? He hit want i want right on the head. A tighter more metal tone. will the swaps do that?

When you say "tight metal tone", I think 5150. Not sure how important cleans are to you, but it does anything high- gain quite nicely, nicer than the Randall if you ask me, but that's personal preference.

They're nortorious for being a bit loose- sounding, but you might want to look into the Mesa F- series as well.
Alright, when I say I know nothing about tubes that means that all I know is 6L6 and 12AX7 are different and they go in amps. So I need specific tubes to put in. Preferably links so my stupidity dont mess me up lol.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
*BUMP*

sorry for the double post but my question being 4 pages back wouldnt help me.

And keep in mind I cant crank my Valveking at college.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112