I want to get a Cheap little 15 watt amp to bring to friends houses and jam, and keep at my Moms house, as when I get my new Tube amp, I'll be keeping that at my dads, so I Can crank it. I AM SELLING MY MG AS IT SUCKS ****, AND IS THE WORST AMP EVER.

I don't want to spend much at all (Around $100 give or take about $50), and I play Death Metal and Rock, Classic Rock etc, like Bodom, Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God.

What do you think
you're not gonna get anything much for your mg, why not just use it?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^That changes everything!
Microcube!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
so what kinda amp are you looking at for jamming/replacing for $100? doesn't seem logical to me.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
so what kinda amp are you looking at for jamming/replacing for $100? doesn't seem logical to me.

Dunno, A Spider or Microcube I guess.
i guess the microcube would be more suited tone-wise. but if you're jamming, it's not gonna cut it too well.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Microcube FTW, I used to have one. It even has a cool strap.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
you may as well hang on to the MG and just wait until you can bump your budget up..

if you really just want to spend $100 your best bet is to go check out pawnshops and get whatever you can get your hands on..

the last place i was at had a laney tubefusion (65 watt solidstate) for $100. for a solid state i actually liked it quite a bit.,
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
peavey valveking fund- $200

Why not add the money to that?
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I'd rather have a nice amp for jamming and practice to myself with a little SS practice amp.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Blackheart and disto?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by yoyodunno
Pocket pod has enuf gain :p
off topic, but how do you like your Peavey XXX, I'm thing of getting one of those instead of a valveking
Quote by UnsignedRecords
you're not gonna get anything much for your mg, why not just use it?

I got offered $75 USD for my MG15cd. sold it at that price too
Quote by John W
Why not add the money to that?

He says he wants a !15W amp he can take out and about, im not sure a VK is that portable

But the microcube wont really do the thing, i'd suggest a cube 30.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by FRDesign
off topic, but how do you like your Peavey XXX, I'm thing of getting one of those instead of a valveking

I really love it a lot. Its got great metal tones on the ultra channel, good twang/crunch type of thing on the crunch channel, and I really like the clean tones too which is probably due to having EL34's in there instead of 6L6's. The cool thing about it is you can make it sound a little like other amps, but its got a unique flavor all its own too. And imo it would be a better buy than the VK.
not real knowledgeable on the subject, but how about a Pignose? heard theyre half decent, small, light, run on batteries if you want, and supposedly sound great around a campfire...
Quote by yoyodunno
I really love it a lot. Its got great metal tones on the ultra channel, good twang/crunch type of thing on the crunch channel, and I really like the clean tones too which is probably due to having EL34's in there instead of 6L6's. The cool thing about it is you can make it sound a little like other amps, but its got a unique flavor all its own too. And imo it would be a better buy than the VK.
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I need something pretty versatile, but with a good Metal tone. I heard Skynyrd uses em Live as well.

On Topic:
I know UG will disagree, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a Spider III 15 Watter. I've played my friends, and it sounds pretty decent, and the only thing which sounded bad were the Presets and the Crunch Channel. With a bit of tweaking it can get some decent tones however. A Helluva lot better than my MG.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pignose-Hog-30-Amp?sku=489056

This guy, maybe? not much in the way of gain, but it can put out a very good clean sound, so just drop a pedal in front of it. It's battery powered, but the battery lasts forever: my dad only charges his once every few months. And yeah, it's technically a bass amp, but it responds equally well to guitar.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by FRDesign
On Topic:
I know UG will disagree, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a Spider III 15 Watter. I've played my friends, and it sounds pretty decent, and the only thing which sounded bad were the Presets and the Crunch Channel. With a bit of tweaking it can get some decent tones however. A Helluva lot better than my MG.

Yea...it's way better than an MG. The Spider III 15 is actually pretty good for it's class. Besides the better gain tones, it has built in reverb/delay which makes a huge difference.
Fender Strat
Quote by FRDesign
Can I play death Metal with that...

You'd need some sort of pedal, I guess, but sure. It takes pedals very nicely.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by omghi2u
Yea...it's way better than an MG. The Spider III 15 is actually pretty good for it's class. Besides the better gain tones, it has built in reverb/delay which makes a huge difference.
The Microcube sounds a bit better, but Its not loud enough unfortunately.

I guess I will get the Spider (still cant believe this). $100 is pretty good for what it is.

And for gigs and playing with a full band, I will just use my Tube amp (whatever I end up getting)

Thanks again UG
Quote by FRDesign
The Microcube sounds a bit better, but Its not loud enough unfortunately.

I guess I will get the Spider (still cant believe this). $100 is pretty good for what it is.

And for gigs and playing with a full band, I will just use my Tube amp (whatever I end up getting)

Thanks again UG

Just save your money and you don't need insane gain to play death metal. Making death metal sound heavy is mostly about phrasing. To much gain kills your sound.
Quote by Crabs111
Just save your money and you don't need insane gain to play death metal. Making death metal sound heavy is mostly about phrasing. To much gain kills your sound.

I'm a gain *****
he's implying maybe you should work on being a tone ***** instead.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
he's implying maybe you should work on being a tone ***** instead.

EMG81 + Bad Monkey + Tiny Terror can give me a great death metal tone without maxing out any of the gain knobs.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
EMG81 + Bad Monkey + Tiny Terror can give me a great death metal tone without maxing out any of the gain knobs.
Tiny Terrors are too expensive.
Quote by FRDesign
Tiny Terrors are too expensive.

Expensive isn't the right term...It's more like WAY TOO Overpriced.
Fender Strat
Quote by yoyodunno
My triple xxx combo, was 499 used from the local music store, but you can probably buy it for a little less tho as my music store overprices stuff.
Damn, I need to find one up here in Canada.