Yeah, I had one today for Customer's service rep. It was really really nerve racking (considering it was my first actual professional one), when he asked me to tell him a little bit about myself I accidentally said "My name is Jacquelyn [last name], ive lived in high school my whole life". When what I meant to say was "My name is Jacquelyn [last name], Ive lived in Florida my whole life"..it sucked because I had rehearsed this for such a long time

anyways, it was just a really awkward thing and my interviewer was wearing a bright red Hawaiian shirt while I was wearing REALLY formal business attire....so that just made it more awkward.

point of thread: So im sure a vast majority of UGers here have been through a job interview. Any funny stories or embarrassing mistakes?? Any helpful tips? Feelings you had on your first one? Share I need to feel better about my interview!
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
First time I applied for a job was at the local KFC... The manager was indian and I couldn't understand a word he was saying... So I just nodded in approval.

Didn't even get an interview.
Don't ask about benefits, pay, or vacations during your first interview. Dont take long to answer, just keep it simple.
i've only had one job interview, & i was so nervous... especially when i saw my interviewer's eyes. i kid you not, he had the most BEAUTIFUL EYES i've EVER seen. & you know how eye contact is key. haha but looking at them made me even more nervous.

idk, i thought i did pretty good, but i didn't get the job. so whatever.
lol I made the mistake to tell the interviewer that my weakness was waking up in the morning. He took it wrong and thought that maybe I wasnt very punctual..he didnt like that

Quote by Serpeth
First time I applied for a job was at the local KFC... The manager was indian and I couldn't understand a word he was saying... So I just nodded in approval.

Didn't even get an interview.

lmao

indian interviewer: So why do you think you qualify for this job?
you: *nods slowly*
indian interviewer: what?
you: *nods*

I bet that went amazing

Stepco's Master
god, i remember when i wanted to work at outback,
you know you have to take a waiters test. its so damn hard, you have to remember every single thing on the menu, whats in the damn thing and all of that.
i knew i had to take a test but i didnt know it would be so hard so i just told them nevermind. (not so informally but yea.)
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Where I'm working now I had to drive almost an hour for the interview. I get there and there's someone else there also for an interview. The person interviewing us isn't there. We're told she'd be there in 30 minutes. So we wait. She finally gets there with about 20 little kids. My interview consisted of getting them to listen to me and convince them to do homework after they've just been let out of school.
Most informal crap ever.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I had an interview and it was three on one!
One woman left halfway through, and the other one was basically falling asleep. The guy was constantly checking me for eye contact and didn't say anything.

Biggest tip: be hella specific. Basically tell your entire life story.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by ezlntrooper
Where I'm working now I had to drive almost an hour for the interview. I get there and there's someone else there also for an interview. The person interviewing us isn't there. We're told she'd be there in 30 minutes. So we wait. She finally gets there with about 20 little kids. My interview consisted of getting them to listen to me and convince them to do homework after they've just been let out of school.
Most informal crap ever.

Wow that would suck..Wth kind of job you interviewing for? Daycare?

Pssh..at least your interviewer wasnt a creepy old man that thought he was on vacation to Hawaii

Stepco's Master
Ah...my first "professional" job interview. I had gotten accepted by a higher paying job when this one guy had me come in for an interview. Now, this was after this guy had been accused of mistreating his employees, so he was desperate.

I came in my glam gear, and acted like an arrogant prick. The guy was arrested.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Once I went for an interview . I was totally drunk but I went anyway. Interviewer asked me " Tell me why i should not hire you?" and my response was "Maybe your relatives want the job!"
and few seconds later I was asked to leave..
Hi
Quote by abhishek21
"Maybe your relatives want the job!"

rofl oh my...

Stepco's Master
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lol I made the mistake to tell the interviewer that my weakness was waking up in the morning. He took it wrong and thought that maybe I wasnt very punctual..he didnt like that

lmao

indian interviewer: So why do you think you qualify for this job?
you: *nods slowly*
indian interviewer: what?
you: *nods*

I bet that went amazing

hahah omg i can just picture some guy staring at the manager in total disbelief while he nodded his head understandingly. haha