I've been checking out a few and I was wondering.... what's the catch? They all look so nice and everything, why are they so reasonably priced? What's the downside of them?
All your base are belong to us.
My AL-3100 didn't have a downside.. Great guitar.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

They're poo?

Apparently some are good, i've never come across one though. A good one that is.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Mattalac
They're poo?

Apparently some are good, i've never come across one though. A good one that is.

Which ones have you played?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I just got an Al-3100 slim in root beer finish. I love the thing although there is some fret buzz on the A string second fret that I haven't been able to completely get rid of, but you can't hear it through the amp. The guitar is very beautiful and sounds nice. Mine even came decently set up and had good intonation out of the box. I just tweaked the bridge and truss rod a little bit so the action was to my liking. Pickups sound good, but I don't have much experience with humbuckers. The slim neck is amazing. Its a lot more playable than the Epi LPs and Gibson Studios I tried and sounds comparable to both. I'm very happy with the purchase and I use it now for when I need a heavier sound than my Strat can deliver.

All in all very pleased with the purchase and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a cheap but quality LP.
Last edited by jt51 at Apr 12, 2008,