Buckethead
4 6%
Kirk Hammett
4 6%
Other(name in a reply)
25 37%
Voters: 67.
Who's your favorite? Mine is Steve Vai.

EDIT: Yes, yes, I know I forgot Rhoads and Dimebag, I don't know why I didn't put them there. You'll just have to get over it.
Last edited by Cjw34 at Apr 12, 2008,
randy rhoads
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Try the searchbar, I'm sure theres a million threads on this.

Edit: But not to be a complete ****, I don't have one in particular, but some of my fav are Dave Gilmour, Buckethead & Miyavi. Peterri Sariola is pretty good too.
Last edited by Regression at Apr 12, 2008,
to tough for me to chose there are so many... if i chose one guitarist it would mean that no other guitarist is as good as they re in my opinion which would not work because they all play differently so it would not make since

also its dimabag darrel :P
wow... im so stupid i forgot rhoads and dimebag...

thot something wasnt right with the poll...
Quote by Cjw34
wow... im so stupid i forgot rhoads and dimebag...

thot something wasnt right with the poll...

No offense (I like all of these guitarist) but I thinks Randy and Darryl deserve a spot more than Buckethead, Gilbert or Petrucci.
Also you misspelled Page.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
wtf is wrong with you people? DARRELL ABBOTT YOU IMBECILES!!! He should be at the top of that list!
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic
Quote by jthm_guitarist
No offense (I like all of these guitarist) but I thinks Randy and Darryl deserve a spot more than Buckethead, Gilbert or Petrucci.
Also you misspelled Page.

Well Petrucci, Gilbert, and Buckethead deserve the spots in my opinion. Hammett should have been replace with Rhoads.
kirk hammett first cuz he inspired me to play.
joe satriani second because he IS god
(favorite in this case definetly doesn't mean most talented)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme) - can shred like crazy, but the song *always* comes first

Vernon Reid (Living Colour) - crazy-ass stuff.... he is the player that Hendrix would have liked to have become (ducks for cover, but stands ground firmly)

Pete Lesperance (Harem Scarem) - Canada's Nuno!

Brian MacLeod (Chilliwack, Headpins) - producer extrordinaire, solid lead player, but can take the simplest of rhythm parts and make them groove SO well....

Rik Emmet (Triumph) - SO versatile - shred, flamenco, jazz, classical.... good at all of em, and can sing and write like crazy

Zakk Wylde - because I use him as my justification for doing too many pick squeals (and he's awesome)

Segovia and John Williams - the epitome of classical guitar technique and skill

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Apr 12, 2008,
Morello always confuses me. I love RATM, and recognize him as a great player. I think his solo on Township Rebellion (I think that was the one) is amazing - so clean, great feel, and just really well constructed. It shows he actually has skills.

The part that confuses me is that what he is known for - all the noisy fx stuff like he does on Killing In the Name Of and Bullet in the Head - represents to me, some of the *worst* guitar playing ever. Creative, maybe. Still sounds like crap.

Doesn't stop me from having three of their albums, though. I also have new hope for a Rage reunion now that Audioslave is done. (and of course, the reunion shows that have happened in fairly recent times) 'Nother album.... I really hope so!

Killer riffs, though, and tight as anything. Great sound. I love his aggression. I just wish he'd get past the whole noisy schtick and show us what he can really do as a player more often.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by axemanchris

Pete Lesperance (Harem Scarem) - Canada's Nuno!

CT

I'd suggest he was far better at playing for the song than Nuno. Nuno tended to write little stand alone Neo classical bits just for the middle of songs where as Lesperance is very melodic. I'm a huge fan of his.... If there was a time is a beautiful example of someone who can nail it.
Slash for his lead work, Page for his rythym, but for both, Hendrix.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by RichieJovie
I'd suggest he was far better at playing for the song than Nuno. Nuno tended to write little stand alone Neo classical bits just for the middle of songs where as Lesperance is very melodic. I'm a huge fan of his.... If there was a time is a beautiful example of someone who can nail it.

Agreed entirely. Nice that he is known by at least a few folks outside of Canada and Japan. And his shred chops are really unbelievable.

CT

The best guitarist IMO is Dave Murray of Iron Maiden. He never get's the reconition that hes intiltled to. IMO he legato is on par or sometimes better than the likes of EVH.
Oh, and for best rhythm guitarist, I might just have to say Dave Matthews. It's just that the stuff that he comes up with is so incredibly well-written. Sometimes the rest of his band gets in the way though, IMO.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Melodically: Satriani
Harmonically: Shawn Lane
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
i honestly can not say. there are to many generes so here are my all time idols and favorets for the music i like.
metal- alexi laiho/synyster gates (i cant pick)
ska- thomas kalanochy
pop- EVH (admit it, van halen turned pop after 3 albums)
chill music- jerry garcia (petal steel guitar, try and play that)
most creative- tom delonge
most unique- jimmy paige
most catchy- zack wylde
most hype- slash (hes good, not as good as many think)

i cant just say that there is one favorate guitarist. there are things that jimi H could play and paige couldnt and vice versa. there are different types and thats what keeps guitar going, diversity.
Albert Lee
John Sykes
Brian May
Paul Gilbert
Glenn Tipton + K.K Downing
Gary Moore
Randy Rhoads
Christopher Guest (as Nigel Tuffnel)

All of these I would consider my favourite
Overall: Michael Romeo (Symphony X)
Technique: Rusty Cooley (Outworld)
Creativity: Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Composing: Paul Waggoner (Between The Buried And Me)
Live: John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
Studio: Luca Turilli (Rhapsody Of Fire, Luca Turilli's Dreamquest)
Singer: Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad)
Guy-who-can-do-everything: Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
Guy-who-can-do-even-more: Arjen Anthony Lucassen (Ayreon)
Kirk Hammett is the only one who doesn't deserve a spot on that poll.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Randy Rhoads, Marty Friedman, Adrian Smith, Jason Becker and Buckethead.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join