so i bought an Ibanez RG and i put a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge because the EQ's balance better and ive heard it sounds really aggressive with a lot of distortion

so i put the thing in my guitar and even with my MT-2 all the way up its quiet, flakey sounding, and sounds kind of like a wah??

soo what do you guys think? did it put it in wrong? solder it horribly? bad pickup?

i have no idea why it sounds like that

any help would be greatly appreciated
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
check the connections, then check to see you have each wire going to the right places
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
yeah, me n my buddies dad are going to check it out tomorrow. he says that even if a Tone Zone is a bad choice of a metal pickup, it still should sound nothing like it does and should sound ten times better than Ibanez INFs

im assuming hes right?
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
so i bought an Ibanez RG and i put a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge because the EQ's balance better and ive heard it sounds really aggressive with a lot of distortion

so i put the thing in my guitar and even with my MT-2 all the way up its quiet, flakey sounding, and sounds kind of like a wah??

soo what do you guys think? did it put it in wrong? solder it horribly? bad pickup?

i have no idea why it sounds like that

any help would be greatly appreciated

Dunno about quiet, something's not right there, but the Tone Zone may well sound like a wah to you due to the mid spike, it's not really an aggressive pickup....maybe compared to something like a Fred but it's still an articulate, vocal pickup. The MT2 is also an appalling pedal, that won't help matters much.

I dunno where you got that bit about balanced EQs...the Tone Zone's EQ curve is about as unbalanced as you can get, hefty bass, chopped treble and a mid-spike like a laser. If you wanted brutal you bought the wrong pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com