I have been friends with this guy for 3 years and I want to be more than his friend....But i am afraid to tell him because I dont want to lose him as a friend......What should I do........I need your advice PIT!!!!!

Please be kind.....no cruel advice.

What he is like: HE is caring, loyal, respectful overall a pretty awesome guy!
Last edited by Ramos05 at Apr 12, 2008,
Why would you lose him as a friend?

The easiest way is to gradually let him know that you like him. Drop hints for a while...eventually tell him you kinda' like him. See where it goes. He won't pick up on the hints, by the way..it's a subconscious thing. That's a pretty standard method.

It'll be easier to answer if we know what he's like...
Nope, no sig here.
Holy balls. The tables have turned for once. A girl.... asking for advice about a guy?

Just do it. He will say yes.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i say go for it and flat out tell him. you'll regret it forever if you don't, or if you waste too much time trying to get him to realize it.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by 601210
Flirt like mad?

Don't flirt like mad. Be upfront.
flirt!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Step 1: Dont ask the pit.

Step 2: Tell him.

Step 3: Internet won.
Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep..... inside a giant blender.
Quote by Ramos05
What he is like: HE is caring, loyal, respectful overall a pretty awesome guy!

Nice guy then? I agree with the others...go for it. It's not like he's going to be mad.

Just make sure you act like yourself...even if that means you're so nervous you can barely talk.

Good luck!
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 12, 2008,
Are you hot? If so, there's at least an 80% that he's into you. So just tell him how you feel. Even if you aren't super foxy, he's still probably into you. Guys are really simple. I've never had a female friend who (even though I really value their friendship) I wouldn't date if they wanted to.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
^ you know...some guys aren't like that. The stereotype exists because the ones that care about boobs are also the ones that stand out. If this guy is as nice as she makes him out to be, he won't really care.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by BigChe
Step 1: Dont ask the pit.

Step 2: Tell him.

Step 3: Profit

fixed
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ you know...some guys aren't like that. The stereotype exists because the ones that care about boobs are also the ones that stand out. If this guy is as nice as she makes him out to be, he won't really care.

3 things

A. I don't remember saying anything about boobs
2. I was halfway joking
C. I seem to recall saying that there's a very good chance he likes her no matter what she looks like.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
friendzoned.

god, are even the girls on UG socially awkward? we truly are a scruffy bunch here guys.
I have no opinion on this matter.
^ true dat

Quote by civildp1
3 things

A. I don't remember saying anything about boobs
2. I was halfway joking
C. I seem to recall saying that there's a very good chance he likes her no matter what she looks like.

ah...alrighty then
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Zugunruhe
friendzoned.

god, are even the girls on UG socially awkward? we truly are a scruffy bunch here guys.

More like friendzowned. Bahaha I couldn't help myself.
Ah ahaha aha..oh man at first i thought this was a Homosexual question. Couldn't tell wether TS was a boy or girl after seeing so many desperate male guitarists . But anyway, yeah work it in, like hints and stuff, maybe be alittle more playful than usual.

After all this time he probably wants to see you naked quite bad inside so i don't think he'd decline and you would already know everything about each other etc.

Just don't let it happen then screw up and ruin the friendship all together!!!!!!!!!! For the love of Satan.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Most girls I have been friends with I would say yes if they asked me out.
^true for most guys

I've known my girlfriend(of 3.5 years) since we were in elementary school....we're both 18 now.
Nope, no sig here.
wow, can't believe it, one whole page and everyone fails to mention there is a thread dedicated to stuff like this...

dw, friend zones aren't too hard to break out of for girls.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Relationship thread I guess, gogo :P

But yeah just tell him, forget the mindless flirting, if he's as cool as you think he won't get mad (as someone else said) and you might regret it if you don't say anything...

So just be upfront about it and see what happens

good luck!
Tell him, seriously. Guys hate it when girls piss about with 'dropping hints' and crap like that.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
It's best if you be very blunt with him. I've dropped hints with guys and it just doesn't work that well. Be straight up and things will work out.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Quote by Adam_G
I can't believe nobody has asked for pics...

Pics, TS?
Quote by dayvbayb
fixed

haha i was going to do the same thing...
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
TS, don't worry about the fact of you being friends, it could be more if he cares for you a lot.

When in doubt, just let him know anyway, and if he's a good friend but doesn't feel that way then he'll just accept it and keep things how they were.

In future - relationship thread
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Are you serious? Geez, just drop your pants.

Women...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████