Page 1 of 2
Tube TV that is The govt prefers "solid state" digital I wonder if they will regulate amps soon too??
If they want to take my tube amp, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead, hands.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Damned government. Tubed tvs would be obsolete in 2 years anyway, if left alone. They just want to get more money. Don't know how, but that seems to be the drive behind everything the government does these days.
Quote by imgooley
Damned government. Tubed tvs would be obsolete in 2 years anyway, if left alone. They just want to get more money. Don't know how, but that seems to be the drive behind everything the government does these days.

You right. They become one big hustler. With today's horrible economy, I guess they have to.
Quote by Animorphy
Noooo!!!!

Edit: Better yet...
Noooo!!!

Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Are you sure it doesn't mean digital television as in the type of signal it's broadcast on, not the type of television?
Quote by Is_6_9?
Are you sure it doesn't mean digital television as in the type of signal it's broadcast on, not the type of television?

yeah, TS was just a bit off. it is only a digital signal that they are switching to from analog broadcasting. So you have to buy a new box or receiver to use the system, which right now is free.
Quote by Bubban
If they want to take my tube amp, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead, hands.

+1000

Just this year I migrated to a Fender Hot Rod Deville from my MG100 and fuuuckkkkkkkk me I love it.

I mean,
I know that basing Solid State quality on the MG series isn't really fair but still...
Quote by superunknown
+1000

Just this year I migrated to a Fender Hot Rod Deville from my MG100 and fuuuckkkkkkkk me I love it.

I mean,
I know that basing Solid State quality on the MG series isn't really fair but still...

You do know this thread has nothing to do with amplifiers, right?
Quote by Sabu

No he wont.

x) Tubes FTW!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by imgooley
You do know this thread has nothing to do with amplifiers, right?

Yes it does, but........

I cant get enough of that quote! Classic!
Quote by Chips-
We changed to digital last year, no more analog signals. If you wanna watch TV, you need a digibox (or a TV with one in it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digi-box

You can still get analog signals without a box although its hard to do now...

At the end of 2008 we will be all digital and a converter box will be manditory
Quote by superunknown
+1000

I mean,

wtf? thats the exact same thing i did
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
^ the older ones did

edit: well not the signals
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pfff, next they'll want all solid state computers

Just feel the warmth in that programming. Mmm. Tubes FTW.
Quote by NOtrab
^ the older ones did

edit: well not the signals

Older televisions, of course. But the equipment used for broadcasting didn't use tubes for, like, 20 years now.

Did the threadstater mean TV's or Analog Broadcasts?
Quote by imgooley
yeah, TS was just a bit off. it is only a digital signal that they are switching to from analog broadcasting. So you have to buy a new box or receiver to use the system, which right now is free.

yeah..im pretty sure picture tubes have been gone form tvs for a while actually..
Quote by Vermintide
Pfff, next they'll want all solid state computers

They already have solid state hard drives that perform that can be larger than usual. Prepare yourself.
Quote by GuitarManiac09
They already have solid state hard drives that perform that can be larger than usual. Prepare yourself.

Solid state harddrives? Isn't that, like, an oxymoron? Do you mean Flash memory and stuff?
Quote by Bubban

+1

Ain't no way they're taking away my Engl.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It just means we're switching to digital which reaches higher frequencies. Which means more channels and more radio stations can open up.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by rockabilly1955
Yes it does, but........

I cant get enough of that quote! Classic!

When I read the title I was totally thinking that.
Thank you, and may raw rock kill you forever and ever, amen.
DFTBA
Yeah, somebody in govt got a Yamaha starter pack for Christmas and fell in love with the little solid state amp it came with. So....... Solid state for all! LOL
uhh the reason they are doing this is so everyone can broadcast in HD, theres no reason at all why this would have any effect on guitar amps.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
uhh the reason they are doing this is so everyone can broadcast in HD, theres no reason at all why this would have any effect on guitar amps.

Im pretty sure everybody knows this, but I think we're all just havin fun with it
I don't know if it's been said.. but tubes have been obsolete for the better parts of the past 50 years and I'm not kidding either.
If I'm not mistaken, it's not tube TVs, it's just an analog signal, right?

Like, no antennas or standard cable.

I just saw a commercial from DirecTV about it, and he said DirecTV customers don't need to worry, because all of the channels are in digital format.

*shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Ummm, to the people who think tvs haven't had tubes in for years, it's only flatscreen ones that don't. The thing that makes the image in a tv is a cathode ray tube, even if the rest of the circuitry is solid state.
Quote by Pott
I don't know if it's been said.. but tubes have been obsolete for the better parts of the past 50 years and I'm not kidding either.

hes talking about CRTs not thermionic valves.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Bubban

+1

Only a few solid-state amps are good, and you can only use them for a good trying to sound crappy tone like crass/black flag/subhumans/etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of TVs still use Cathode Ray Tubes. Mine does. My TV downstairs uses LCD...

TS is an idiot.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Page 1 of 2