and we were both musicians, so we began talking about music-related things (what kind of picks we like, what our favorite guitars are, etc). Eventually, we started talking about our guitar players. He said that his favorite was some guitar player from a band called "Blur". I told him that one of my favorites was Dimebag Darrell. Then, he said one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard anyone say (holocaust jokes aside): "Haha, more like Teabag Darrell. Or at least that's what they called him on the streets.".
Quote by dude-1
Who?

seriously
go away
if you havent heard of blur
your mentally wrong in the head
go listen to blur
and p.s graham coxon is the guitarist in blur
Ok, I just listened to some of "Song 2" (now I know where I've heard that song) and "Parklife". I can safely say that Dimebag > Coxon.
Quote by lp_std
is it bad that i dont get the teabag darrell thing?

Teabagging is a sex act. Basically, he was saying that Dimebag got teabagged on the streets.
True, and I wasn't even trying to compare them. But how he had the nerve to say that about Dimebag, I'll never know.
Jesus christ this is an overreaction. You're overreacting cos someone made a pun about Dimebag. Everyone else calm down, people are entitled to opinions, and they aren't comparable, its completely different genres. Also
Quote by dude-1
Then, he said one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard anyone say (holocaust jokes aside): "Haha, more like Teabag Darrell. Or at least that's what they called him on the streets.".

if thats the most disrespectable thing youve ever heard say then you must have lived in a cupboard your whole life.
Quote by dude-1
True, and I wasn't even trying to compare them. But how he had the nerve to say that about Dimebag, I'll never know.

Dude, get over it; People talk **** about guitarist's all the time. It's not the end of the world...
Quote by dude-1
and we were both musicians, so we began talking about music-related things (what kind of picks we like, what our favorite guitars are, etc). Eventually, we started talking about our guitar players. He said that his favorite was some guitar player from a band called "Blur". I told him that one of my favorites was Dimebag Darrell. Then, he said one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard anyone say (holocaust jokes aside): "Haha, more like Teabag Darrell. Or at least that's what they called him on the streets.".

Hobag Darrell

Do I win?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Oh my God, get over it! Some guy insulted a player that you're a fanboi over and you come running here looking for support.

How did he have the nerve to say that about Dimebag? Because a fair percentage of Dimebag's current popularity is because he's dead, and companies are raping his memory.

You probably never heard of Pantera or Damageplan or Dimebag before he got killed.

In summary, you can't compare COxon and Dime because their playing styles are completely different and you need to get over someone insulting your guitar hero.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i thought it woulda been 'teabag' darrel due to the fact that when he was a teenager, the most he could afford was about a 'teabag' worth of pot at time..

also called a dimebag..

i'm sure it had nothign to do with balls in his mouth.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by jxljxl
Oh my God, get over it! Some guy insulted a player that you're a fanboi over and you come running here looking for support.

How did he have the nerve to say that about Dimebag? Because a fair percentage of Dimebag's current popularity is because he's dead, and companies are raping his memory.

You probably never heard of Pantera or Damageplan or Dimebag before he got killed.

In summary, you can't compare COxon and Dime because their playing styles are completely different and you need to get over someone insulting your guitar hero.

Actually, I heard Pantera through my sister. Then, I found out that their Guitarist was Dimebag.

Also, I'm not a fanboy of Dimebag. I just like him as a guitarist.
dimebag>blur. i think bluesy shredding kills graham's solos any day. i dont like the sound of pantera, but dimebags soloing is awesome.

and seriously not knowing dimebag is dumb. dean guitars wont shut the **** up about him (theyve made him like 40 signatures he never had anything to do with) and his death was pretty damn publiscised.
Who cares...Pantera only had like 2 good songs anyways. Get over it.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
Who cares...Pantera only had like 2 good songs anyways. Get over it.

isnt song 2 blurs only good song?
Maybe Dime is a bit overrated, but Dime > Blur.
Definately.
Gear:
Ibanez RG 350 DX Bk
Squier Bullet Strat
Les Paul Copy
Fender FM 15G
Fender Roc Pro 1000
Digitech RP 50
Arion Distortion
Behringer Hellbabe Wah
Blur really suck, in comparison with anyone.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Oh no .... oh deary deary me

you're both asshat's, i doubt very much weather Dime or Coxon would care much either way.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
How could you even make a connection that would make any comparison between Dimebag and Blur valid??

But seeing as we are, I don't paticularly like blur, let alone Pantera (Hairy blues shredding isn't my kinda thing) but I think Blur are good. Creative and pushing boundaries in the music industry. I don't know much of Darrel's music but I sure as hell know he was good at what he does (I've seen clips here and there and I guess he doesn't have worshippers for nothing right?).

On another note, Gorrilaz anyone? 1 interbucks point if you guess who did it..?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Ali-b912
isnt song 2 blurs only good song?

Yea...I only remember that I like only 1 blur song. Too bad I don't remember the name of it. They suck too.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by philjay
How could you even make a connection that would make any comparison between Dimebag and Blur valid??

But seeing as we are, I don't paticularly like blur, let alone Pantera (Hairy blues shredding isn't my kinda thing) but I think Blur are good. Creative and pushing boundaries in the music industry. I don't know much of Darrel's music but I sure as hell know he was good at what he does (I've seen clips here and there and I guess he doesn't have worshippers for nothing right?).

On another note, Gorrilaz anyone? 1 interbucks point if you guess who did it..?

I know Damon Albarn was but i don't think Coxon actually got involved with Gorillaz.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
dimebag? bluesy? LMAO!

i miss diamond darrell, when he wore makeup and spandex and looked like a fugly chick.
I heard (saw pics to prove it) that dime bag played a gig with a broken headstock. he glued his dean's headstock and eventually had to clamp it for the show.

this raises a question.... what the f*ck good is it having a headstock the size of an acctual head if that sh*ts gonna break???

I mean dean headstocks are like boat ores... i'd expect them to be able to derail trains

EDIT: did i kill the thread?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Last edited by plucky duck at Apr 12, 2008,