I have an Ibanez S series (S470DXQM to be exact) and theres just one thing about it that's annoying me. When I play palmmuted notes on an open string (the bass ones) then play a note or chord on the other strings the open string will keep vibrating, causing unwanted dissonance. e.g.

D ------------3-----
A ------------1-----
E -0-0-0-0--------

In that the open E string would be palmmuted when playing this. When I go to play the A#5 I take my palm off the strings (its how ive always done this) and the E string keeps vibrating (not as much as if it were plucked but enough to cause the dissonance).

I've never had this with any other guitar I've played.

Anyone have any ideas what I could do to solve this? If youve got an S series do you know of any adjustments that can be done?
I've never had this problem (and I like the dissonance, so I'd probably leave it going anyway). Its probably something about the setup of your bridge on that string, but I couldn't give exact advice. Take it to a shop.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Idk. I don't have that problem with my s540 :/
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
It sounds like you might be clipping the Low E as you go to the chord, make sure you mute it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I'm pretty sure I'm not clipping the string. I have notice on this guitar that strings will vibrate more than on other guitars I've used when I'm playing the palmuted notes.

Im thinking its to do with the bridge. I wonder if changing the spring tension will help, it's on really low at the moment.
I get that and i've adapted quite well. So say your playing the A#5, put your middle finger over the F# on the low E but dont press down, just use it to mute it.

I learned that from bad technique, i couldn't play any chords on the A string without hitting the low E, so i just use my free middle finger to mute it. Now i feel its come to my advantage.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
use your picking hand to stop the vibration on the E string as you're going in for the chord. it doesn't get more basic than that, bro.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
+1 to middle finger muting, I do it even when I'm playing barre or power chords without palm muting, it helps get your sound cleaner, unless you want the added crunch or dissonance, then you can leave it open.
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Yeah you guys have all confirmed what I thought would be the best idea: muting the string with my middle finger.

Also using the A#5 example again I have used my fretting hand index finger to mute the string and play the chord, this is the best technique when it involves barre chords.

I just have to adapt to it now, I've been not needing to mute it for the 2 years I was playing my old guitar til I got my S. Still, the S series is bloody excellent!
Quote by Daveynator
Still, the S series is bloody excellent!

Indeed, they are very nice guitars and very cheap for what you get but I find the quality of the parts isn't great, mine's had to go in for repairs a few times.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Indeed, they are very nice guitars and very cheap for what you get but I find the quality of the parts isn't great, mine's had to go in for repairs a few times.

What did you have to repair on it?

I don't really notice the E making an extra sound when I hit another string, though it probably does. But like said, you can probably mute with your middle finger or crank your noisegate up beyond belief... Haha. Don't take my advice, it probably sucks.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10