Hi,
im making a custom tele and didnt really like the control plate look and was looking to give the control layout a strat or les paul look. Would this work if i got a bit of thin ply wood or other wood and just glued it on top and that way i could do it the way i want? and would it affect the guitar at all?
Nah that would be fine, shouldn't effect tone I would imagine,

just dont build a guitar out of it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Apr 13, 2008,
why not just cut a bit that fits the control plate and make it sit flush with the body. quick sort out of the front and hopefully won't affect the tone.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
plywood will be a bit thick so you are going to have issues with your switches, pots, and screws fitting through it and still functioning as normal. You could do it, but you gotta get really thin plywood and you might have to take the knob of your switch. I'd just get some squares of pickgaurd material and cut something custom from that.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
plywood will be a bit thick so you are going to have issues with your switches, pots, and screws fitting through it and still functioning as normal. You could do it, but you gotta get really thin plywood and you might have to take the knob of your switch. I'd just get some squares of pickgaurd material and cut something custom from that.

Is pickgaurd material hard to cut??