hi

so i have a ibanez s470 with an active pickup(guitarheads) in teh bridge. all of the other pickups(stock passive infs) were disabled. so, i wanted to solder them, so all of the pickups would work. i have decided on this configuration:
2 volume knobs(first on active, second on actives)
5 way switch(will the 2 and 4 positions work?)

and the problem is, that i dunno how to solder the second volume knob to the 5 way switch.
can somebody post a scheme of how to do that? or a scheme with 2 volumes and a 5 way switch...

tnx in advance...
You can't combine active and passive pickups like that.

You'll need to use an ON-ON switch to toggle between the actives and passives, and can not blend them.
hmm, is that the only way? i saw a dude use active and passives in the same guitar, but he didnt have the toggle switch.. only that the guitar had a h/h conf, and i have a hsh...
The pot values for actives and passives are very different. The pots used for actives dont work good at all with passives and vise versa. You would need rig the switch to use on volume with the active and the other volume with the passives. If only have 1 tone knob would be able use for one or the other.
Quote by Tackleberry
The pot values for actives and passives are very different. The pots used for actives dont work good at all with passives and vise versa. You would need rig the switch to use on volume with the active and the other volume with the passives. If only have 1 tone knob would be able use for one or the other.

The issue isn't with pot resistances, it's the PDs of the two circuits. You can't mix a passive pickup and a pickup running at 9V.
both the volume and tone are 500k, if that counts... i have tried to mix them before, well now passives work, and the active doesent... at least something..
so pretty much yeah, i tried my own scheme, and yeah, my volume knob for the active is like a switch...

ok, so i tried the option of "signal going thru 2 volume knobs, thus going thru double resistance, and making the signal=signal/2", lol. thats not so cool, so can i wire passives directly to the output, and have a volume for the active only?