Well, I'm sure you know it's harder for some girls to learn guitar because they have smaller hands, but even for a girl I have tiny hands. XP
(Right now my main problem is power chords D: )
I know they make 7/8th guitars, but I'll buy one when I have a thing called money...Anyone have some tips for stretching easier across the frets with smaller fingers?
most people would use their 1st and 3rd finger for power chords. if your hands are too small, try using your first finger and pinky
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by _Ixnay_
Well, I'm sure you know it's harder for some girls to learn guitar because they have smaller hands, but even for a girl I have tiny hands. XP
I know they make 7/8th guitars, but I'll buy one when I have a thing called money...Anyone have some tips for stretching easier across the frets with smaller fingers?

Well, power chords arent really that hard to fret at all. most of them are just a fret apart
Quote by Nemesis75
Well, power chords arent really that hard to fret at all. most of them are just a fret apart

Well i'm sure that helped a lot

If, however, it didnt try to start stretchin' your fingers when not playing guitar, homework, classes etc. this should help to improve.
most people would use their 1st and 3rd finger for power chords. if your hands are too small, try using your first finger and pinky

whan im playing guitar, i do this anyway, and my hands are fairly big (i can stretch to the 1st to 5th fret on a guitar with little problem). im self taught and most of my techniques are a little off, but don't impede my playing. Its what ever you feel comfortable with.
I have small/medium sized hands and I can stretch from fret 1 to 6 while maintaining a good sound, you just need to practice, I remember I couldnt finger a D / F# chord when I started out because it was a massive stretch for my hands.

I wouldn't recommend buying a small guitar, because it'll probably limit your choices when you want to buy a new one.
You'll get used to it, after a while, it won't inhibit your playing. I started when I was 8 years old, and it was hard at first, but after a year or so of really trying, it's simple; but your hands start to get pretty tired at first with all the stretches and tension in your wrist.
It's not a problem, there are some 4 year olds who can play amazing.
1.you'll get used to it
2. you made a mistake, cause you mentioned, that you are a girl (its UG for god's sake ;D)
3. the only reason for so many replies in this thread is the fact that you are a girl lol

4.. you'll get used to it (playing guitar ... if my mate, who looks just like a 5 y old can play bass... you can play guitar¨ :
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Girl where? *runs around in circles franticly looking!*

^_^

I gots small hands too, I have so many problems with cords, but after trying and trying to fret the same cord over and over again, my fingers eventually listen and learn it. So basically the same advice to you, Keep trying!
i can do a 1st to 6th fret stretch and i'm 15
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I have small hands as well....Just practice, I used to have some difficulty with power chords but now they're nothing.....You can also use your 1st and 4th fingers instead of 1st and 3rd for extra reach...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WickedBeast666
Girl where? *runs around in circles franticly looking!*

*Points* I think she went that way!

Christ you guys, my profile views doubled. Sorry no boob pics on my profile...

Thanks for the support everyone! I remember when I was younger a G chord seemed impossible to me, which seems weird now...

Time to do my finger exercises...
Quote by BladeSlinger
I have small hands as well....Just practice, I used to have some difficulty with power chords but now they're nothing.....You can also use your 1st and 4th fingers instead of 1st and 3rd for extra reach...

Best advice, really. Just practice at it.
i used to put a pencil between my 1st and 4th finger to kinda streach the area they could cover i did that off and on for about a month and man did it help
Quote by _Ixnay_

I know what you mean. When I first started I have the same problem as well but after a year it got alot easiler and I got small hands too. Just practice these chords, given the time and you will be fine.
The Cats are out in town.
Kat Gear
Crybaby Wah
Whammy pedal
Ibanez SZ520
Zakk Wylde MXR Overdrive
Vox AD30VT
MXR Distortion III
Taylor acoustic.
Yamaha Pacifica 102