The real Whammy is a lot better than the Whammy in the Expression Factory. If you mainly want the "whammy effect(s)", get the real Whammy. If you want the other things in the Expression Factory too, then it might be a better idea. It's really quality or quantity.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Just get the Whammy pedal. The Expression Factory whammy feature isn't as good as the real thing.
i have a Whammy at the moment and am considering getting an EX-7. The synth settings on it are gorgeous, and the whammy settings don't sound too bad. Are they really not as good compared to normal whammy?
Well a real whammy uses propper electronic parts. An EX-7 uses computer chips. You won't get the same natural sound from an EX but you will have a broader range of options. If you're playing rock music then go for the EX, the differnece won't be noticeable. If you're playing jazz, blues, neoclassical or tech then I;d go for the whammy.
I have the Digitech EX7 and like the wah and other sounds but I was let down with the quality of sound from the Whammy. It does work but sounds a little too digital and is very limited compared to the original. I would just say go with the original whammy if you are mostly interested in that effect.
Quote by conceptne
Well a real whammy uses propper electronic parts. An EX-7 uses computer chips. You won't get the same natural sound from an EX but you will have a broader range of options. If you're playing rock music then go for the EX, the differnece won't be noticeable. If you're playing jazz, blues, neoclassical or tech then I;d go for the whammy.

The original whammy is a digital pedal...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd get the whammy.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots