Page 1 of 4
what do you think the WORST metal cover songs are?

For me Master of Puppets - Dr. Know
Aces High by Arch Enemy. I hate Johan Liiva's voice SO MUCH.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
well, since iron maiden was mentioned, i cant stand cradle of filth's version of hallowed be thy name

and i hate killswitch engage's version of holy diver

u know what, i just straight up hate cradle of filth and killswitch engage, and for that matter most modern metal
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Lol the singer has a good DIO voice tho. And also yeah killswitch and cradle of filth i hate them...
Quote by BrokenFingers
Sepultura covering "Bullet the Blue Sky"....great band, not so great song....

... I like it.

Does live count? Because Dream Theater do a cover of Cemetary Gates live with Russell Allen, the singer from Fear Factory (can't remember his name) and Dave Mustaine does the solo. It's not to bad from memory, until Dave Mustaine completely screws over the solo.
Quote by poopsmith666
Aces High by Arch Enemy. I hate Johan Liiva's voice SO MUCH.

Michael and Chris Amott nailed the guitar parts though. Sentenced cover of The Trooper was quite awful, I didn't like Bodom's Aces High, either; I think it's hard to pull off a Maiden cover.

Avenged Turdflold's catastrophic cover of "Walk" really did finally kill that song; the guitar tone was so cold and dull, the singer sounded like a redneck getting kicked in the balls and the drummer kept hitting the crash symbols like a palsy victim in music therapy.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Good god, don't make me mention the Fall Out Boy cover of "Walk".

they really did that??
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re

I've erased that from history.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re

Jesus, Dimebag is rolling over in his grave.

... I like KsE's cover of Holy Diver!

I hated Funeral for a Friend's cover of Damage Inc. off the Kerrang! MOP album. Bullet's cover of Sanitarium also sucked. Now that I think of it... the entire album blew.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
^ i like KSEs holy diver aswell

I didnt like iced earths cover of number of the beast. great band tho.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re

This is really, really, really true? Because if it is I don't think I will be able to stop laughing.
Quote by Regression
This is really, really, really true? Because if it is I don't think I will be able to stop laughing.

No, you'll cry.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Zero_Mike
Part of me just died...

Come on, it's not that fucking bad.

Anyways, I'm including "Nu Metal", because I'm cool like that.

Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey

I sat and listened while my sanity dripped away.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
i dont give a damn about the walk cover, never given a damn about pantera, what about the whole JayZ and Metallica's Black Album or wasnt there some **** like that?

dunno if dimebag was an elitist douche to be turning on his grave, and im not using elitist in that sense of the word, hell playing for damage plan im sure he had some modern music up his sleeve

in other words, i dont give a damn...

.................... otherwise I have nothing to add to this thread lol... personally I loved CoF's cover of Mr Crowley, it had a perfect atmosphere

wait a second I forgot something...

"OGM I R SO MEHTUL DAT LYK HEWRT ME I R BLIDIN STILL GUYZ LUL OW"
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
i dont give a damn about the walk cover, never given a damn about pantera, what about the whole JayZ and Metallica's Black Album or wasnt there some **** like that?

Linkin Park.

And I personally had no problem with the Walk-cover.

And I like CoF.

*runs away*
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Opeth - Circle Of The Tyrants was poor.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by NosferatuZodd09

dunno if dimebag was an elitist douche to be turning on his grave, and im not using elitist in that sense of the word, hell playing for damage plan im sure he had some modern music up his sleeve

in other words, i dont give a damn...

.................... otherwise I have nothing to add to this thread lol... personally I loved CoF's cover of Mr Crowley, it had a perfect atmosphere

Jay-Z released an album called The Black Album, and his final dvd or something was called "Fade to black" or something like it.
He did a colab with Linkin Park though.

Quote by NosferatuZodd09
"OGM I R SO MEHTUL DAT LYK HEWRT ME I R BLIDIN STILL GUYZ LUL OW"

Sometimes you scare me
*totally non-metal wink*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I JUST REMEMBERED A BAD METAL COVER!!!

CaptainOfSmug's *unnoticed* COVER OF NIGHTS BLOOD, ROFLMAO -which was marked as original ;p under the name of Call of the Crypts or something... I think... if my memory does not epic fail-

haha XD sorry CoS >.> just had to
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Apr 12, 2008,
I really hated Trivium's cover of Master of Puppets, I really hated how their guitars and vocalist sounded.
Any of the bodom covers.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
I actually though that the A7X cover of Walk was pretty good. I didn't really like the guitar tone, but Shadows sounded a lot like Phil Anselmo in that song.

But on another note, Arch Enemy's cover of Symphony of Destruction... That was terrible, for me at least.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by \Powerslave/
I really hated Trivium's cover of Master of Puppets, I really hated how their guitars and vocalist sounded.

ya, i think they tuned down a half step... or whole, idk.
Quote by Zero_Mike
Jesus, Dimebag is rolling over in his grave.

... I like KsE's cover of Holy Diver!

I hated Funeral for a Friend's cover of Damage Inc. off the Kerrang! MOP album. Bullet's cover of Sanitarium also sucked. Now that I think of it... the entire album blew.

With the exception of Machine Head's Battery and Chimaira's Disposable Heroes, I agree.

Quote by Rhyan_EG
I actually though that the A7X cover of Walk was pretty good. I didn't really like the guitar tone, but Shadows sounded a lot like Phil Anselmo in that song.

But on another note, Arch Enemy's cover of Symphony of Destruction... That was terrible, for me at least.

Shadows is a Phil Anselmo wannabe. Don't get me wrong, I do like A7X (Except for STST) but he tries too hard to mimic Anselmo.
Last edited by oh... THAT guy at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by tehbensonzorz
Cradle of Flith's cover of Sabbat's "For Those Who Died". mainly cuz it made me realize that Dani's entire vocal style is a blatant rip off of Sabbat.

Absolutely. Only Martin Walkyier is a far more extreme vocalist than Tubby Filth could ever hope to be.

And Walk is a fucking awful song, so who really cares if theres an even worse version?
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by Creaz93
ya, i think they tuned down a half step... or whole, idk.

It sounded as if their guitars were crying not to mention the vocals were nothing compared to Hetfield's voice when he was younger.
hm more extreme? fromt his live video I'd rather listen to CoF, oh well, of course a band that you dislike has no merit what so ever
Quote by tehbensonzorz
Cradle of Flith's cover of Sabbat's "For Those Who Died". mainly cuz it made me realize that Dani's entire vocal style is a blatant rip off of Sabbat.

That song is so brilliant anyway, that I'm able to enjoy the song. It's so annoying, most people think that "For Those Who Died" is a CoF song, because Sabbat aren't hugely known.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Magero
It's Six Feet Under, what do you expect?

I know, but it was even worse than I expected... if that is even possible.
Page 1 of 4