I'm currently learning some concepts about sight reading. I know that there're both rythmic and melodic reading and about the first one I know note values and some music notation but I dont really know what melodic reading consists.

Im starting on this topic so any info would be great. Thanks.
You can get books with various different approaches to it. I suggest find one you like, and stick to it. I use the Berklee books. They're pretty straight up. Sometimes playing around on different instruments help. My rhythmic reading has improved significantly by playing drums, and my general ability to sight read has gone up by doing music theory, playing classical guitar and jazz.

Just force yourself to do it. Hide all tabs. Submerge yourself!
Thanks for reading
I actually think I read some berklee articles about that. Thanks for the motivation, also =)
Quote by symba05
I'm currently learning some concepts about sight reading. I know that there're both rythmic and melodic reading and about the first one I know note values and some music notation but I dont really know what melodic reading consists.

Im starting on this topic so any info would be great. Thanks.

just spend some time .......... site reading music. its as simple as that.

that will include rhythm, melody...... everything. just do it often and youll become proficient.
shred is gaudy music
There is no easy way to get good at sight-reading, but there are a few things that can help you along the way. After you have learned to read the notes in both bass and treble clef proficiently begin learning to read intervalicly, that is, learn to recognize the distance between two notes. I recommend you take a piece of sheet music and begin reading off the intervals in the line. Also, learn to identify chords and their inversions by sight.

Anyways, besides all that, you'll just have to tough it by reading all the time.