ok so my practice amp broke... that being said i need a new amp obviously and from what ive heard warwick, traynor, ashdown and yorkville make some reliable stuff for not too much cash...i have of about 350 (from my parents for doing certain things, but id rather not have to make them spend that much) and if i wanted to get more id have to sell stuff (i dont really have anything to sell)... my question is how these few amps compare...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-12180-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485036

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Take-12-12IN-Bass-Combo?sku=483057

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SWR-LA15-Bass-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482038

i need something for very small pub gigs and just for everyday use in jazz band... in my normal band i play indie/garage rock...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
seriously? is the bass forum dead today or something?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by latinosuperstud
seriously? is the bass forum dead today or something?

Some of us have things to do. Rudeness will get you nowhere. Rest assured, there are plenty of us willing to talk all day about different amps, but leave it more than an hour before bumping your thread.
Well, my firth thoughts are that the should save a little more cash and then look at eh Warick Sweet 15 and the Ashdown MAG 300. Good shops often give you a substantial discount off the marked price (mostly if you are polite and they like you), so don't go by online prices.

I got my amp about £30 cheaper than online in a shop, and my bass (which has about £50 worth of custom options) around £100 cheaper than the basic model (sao more like £150 cheaper).

And, as smb said, manners are appreciated here. If your topic falls off the front page and you still have questions to be asked, then consider a bump. Otherwise, people will get to it in time.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
As Jack said - save a little more (or buy used) and you could get a MAG or a better Warwick combo. MAG if you like it warm and vintage sounding, or Warwick if you don't.
Quote by smb
As Jack said - save a little more (or buy used) and you could get a MAG or a better Warwick combo. MAG if you like it warm and vintage sounding, or Warwick if you don't.

Actually, the Warwick has a pretty warm tone. It just has a touch more clarity than the MAG which gives it a more modern tone.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
well im sorry if I came off as rude... didnt intend to...

as for the warwick sweet 15... is that the 500$ one with a graphic eq? if so ill look into finding a used one, im open for used gear suggestions of course, but id really prefer to stay within the budget seeing as it will be a gift from my parents as mentioned and i dont want to seem like a greedy bastard... and i cant get a job right now because im absolutely swamped with hw so i dont have a steady income of cash...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by latinosuperstud
well im sorry if I came off as rude... didnt intend to...

as for the warwick sweet 15... is that the 500$ one with a graphic eq? if so ill look into finding a used one, im open for used gear suggestions of course, but id really prefer to stay within the budget seeing as it will be a gift from my parents as mentioned and i dont want to seem like a greedy bastard... and i cant get a job right now because im absolutely swamped with hw so i dont have a steady income of cash...

Wait then. I have had my Sweet 15 (one of the old ones with a 4 band EQ ) for approaching 2 years, and do not regret it at all. I also had to save up a bit more to upgrade from the Take 12, but I now feel it was money well spent. Quality costs money. Cheap out and you may feel you wasted what you spent. Spend a bit more and it may come that you never regret the purchase.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I can just say that I agree with gm-jack.
The sweet 15 is a great piece of equipment, I've had one for 15months or so and I find it worth every cent spent on it.
Agreed, it's a bit more expensive than the take 12, but it will last you longer, since you won't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
well i dont have much time to wait, seeing as my old amp broke, and i need to use something (cant bum my friend's amp forever)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by gm jack
Well, my firth thoughts are that the should save a little more cash and then look at eh Warick Sweet 15 and the Ashdown MAG 300. Good shops often give you a substantial discount off the marked price (mostly if you are polite and they like you), so don't go by online prices.

I got my amp about £30 cheaper than online in a shop, and my bass (which has about £50 worth of custom options) around £100 cheaper than the basic model (sao more like £150 cheaper).

And, as smb said, manners are appreciated here. If your topic falls off the front page and you still have questions to be asked, then consider a bump. Otherwise, people will get to it in time.

Are you serious? I got denied a purchase of a $450 Ibanez at GC because I was $50 short, hell the clerk even liked me.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Yeah, I've never experienced stores being cheaper than the internet. Mostly I can save up to ^$60 or $70 on a purchase. Before I was well-educated on gear, I payed list price ($550) on my Rumble at a store. I wasted about $200.