I'm buying a digitech whammy pedal mainly to use for white stripes stuff, but is there any other artists or songs that have this effect used.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Rage Against the Machine
Audioslave
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I know Korn uses octave effects in a number of their songs, particularly on their Follow the Leader album (songs like BBK, Reclaim my Place; and a couple others, as well as songs on other albums).
rocket - smashing pumpkins... hysteria, and pretty much anything else by muse... just-radiohead
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
david gilmour used one one the division bell...forget which song. the one with the crazy bends in it.

godspeed! you black emperor use it.

it's all over the mars volta albums.

the bass player in tool.

vernon reid.

robert fripp uses one.

i'm sure theres lots more.
I think Matt Bellamy used a Whammy a bit on Origin of Symmetry. Either that or Showbiz, I can't remember at the moment.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Hendrix used it in loads of songs (Axis Bold as Love Album ?) check out his stuff its damn hot
Also Check out Pink Floyd's earlier songs they use alot of crazy effects especially on the Meddle Album
Last edited by Mrtomtwo at Apr 13, 2008,
Um no. The Whammy pedal was not invented until far after those albums. You're probably thinking of a whammy BAR, that thin silver stick jutting out from the bridge that moves it up and down to create a vibrato

The Whammy pedal is big and red

Edit-I just realized that made me sound like a jerk. Sorry, that was not my intention
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
Um no. The Whammy pedal was not invented until far after those albums. You're probably thinking of a whammy BAR, that thin silver stick jutting out from the bridge that moves it up and down to create a vibrato

The Whammy pedal is big and red

Edit-I just realized that made me sound like a jerk. Sorry, that was not my intention

I think he was referring to an Octavia which Jimi used for songs like Purple Haze.
He may have been. But Jimi honestly didnt use the Octavia that often, him and Gilmour punished their whammy bars though and you are much more likely to hear one of their songs that feature whammy bar dives than an octave-fuzz
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Black Math
/other White Stripes songs
/almost every track on Icky Thump

I bet you've already got those ones though.
Quote by Johnonon
He may have been. But Jimi honestly didnt use the Octavia that often, him and Gilmour punished their whammy bars though and you are much more likely to hear one of their songs that feature whammy bar dives than an octave-fuzz

i'm pretty sure gilmour had his whammy bar shortened because he wanted it out of the way since he didnt use it that much and when he did use it he didnt punish it. he was much more subtle than that/