Poll: Which Schecter should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Schecter should I get?
Synyster Gates Standard
3 7%
Synyster Gates Custom
42 93%
Voters: 45.
Which do you think I should get???

The custom is $400 more...the only differences between the standard and custom is that the custom's neck/fretboard is made of majogany instead of maple and rosewood like the standard is. The custom also has Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders pickups and the standard comes with Duncan Designed HB-108's.

So which should I get?
Custom, better pickups.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by caseykrajenka
Which do you think I should get???

The custom is $400 more...the only differences between the standard and custom is that the custom's neck/fretboard is made of majogany instead of maple and rosewood like the standard is. The custom also has Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders pickups and the standard comes with Duncan Designed HB-108's.

So which should I get?

The custom also has a OFR.

So lets do the math. I think the Standard is like $500 USD?

A replacement ORF would be about $200, plus $200 for the new pickups.

So, $500+$400=$900 (around the cost of the custom). Plus, you'd have to put all the work into replacing everything, let alone if you paid someone to do it, that'd add probably another $100.

So I'd say save up for the custom. It'll be a better guitar in the long run, and probably cheaper too.
Also, the Custom has a set thru neck. I believe the Standard has a bolt on. This guitar would be much cooler if only it didn't have the stupid looking inlays.
Be cool.
The only problem is, as thedude 105 said, the inlays. They not only look silly but it feels like your playing on plastic, so try the guitar out first if you can
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
imo if you like the body style go for a schecter avenger, not a custom.

if you go for sysnysters model thoguh get the custom.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by 12joey.c12
The only problem is, as thedude 105 said, the inlays. They not only look silly but it feels like your playing on plastic, so try the guitar out first if you can

Exactly. I had the opportunity to play one, and it felt exactly like how you said. To the guy who posted below you, the Schecter Avenger is a good choice. Its a shame they don't have Floyd Roses on them. Otherwise it would be a great alternative to the Syn Gates sig guitars.
Be cool.
I did have a chance to play the Custom edition at a Guitar Center the other day and it was incredible. I really enjoyed it. I haven't taken a look at the Avenger yet but I'm going to right now.
Quote by caseykrajenka
I did have a chance to play the Custom edition at a Guitar Center the other day and it was incredible. I really enjoyed it. I haven't taken a look at the Avenger yet but I'm going to right now.

Well, the Avenger doesn't have a whammy. So is a whammy necessary?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Well, the Avenger doesn't have a whammy. So is a whammy necessary?

It's not necessary but it is nice. I took a look at the Avenger and I still am favoring the Custom.
Quote by caseykrajenka
It's not necessary but it is nice. I took a look at the Avenger and I still am favoring the Custom.

You might want to try one of the new BlackJack ATX's or the C-1 Hellraisers.
Be cool.
It's really dependent on a few things.
1) the Custom gets you a genuine "Original" Floyd Rose, which is made with better materials than the "liscensed" Floyd Rose that is on the standard model
2) Better Pickups on the Custom

Mostly its just dependent on money in my opinion. If you can afford it, the custom might be worth it, but if not, the standard is still a great guitar.
Quote by evh1776
It's really dependent on a few things.
1) the Custom gets you a genuine "Original" Floyd Rose, which is made with better materials than the "liscensed" Floyd Rose that is on the standard model
2) Better Pickups on the Custom

Mostly its just dependent on money in my opinion. If you can afford it, the custom might be worth it, but if not, the standard is still a great guitar.

The Custom also has a set thru neck, whereas the Standard has a bolt on.
Be cool.
All Right the synster standard has seymour duncan designed pickups, licensed floyd rose, a bolt on 2 peice mahogany/maple neck and crappy tone.

But, the synyster custom has custom invaders with the neck pickup having coil tap which means that you can turn the pickup into single coil, original floyd rose, set one peice mahogany/rosewood neck and killer tone.

Overall, I would definetely get the syn custom because i think it has a way better value, it should be worth $1,500, so please don't make the mistake of buying the standard..
Neither.

I heard target is selling guitars now, go check'em out. Like a stargazer or something. You'll find something of equal value for a fraction of the price.
Quote by stupidguitar12

Overall, I would definetely get the syn custom because i think it has a way better value, it should be worth $1,500

imo, it's already overpriced as it is, since you can get a C-1 Hellraiser FR for cheaper.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Custom. Better pickups and coil tap. The custom also has an ORIGINAL floyd rose instead of licensed. And it comes in white/gold which is better IMO.

But i agree with aznrocker, the hellraiser c-1 FR is cheaper, better looking, and has coil tapped EMGs.
Quote by edusty2010
This topic is four months old, why are we still discussing it?

stupidguitar12 revived the thread.

Too many revivals in one day!!!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
get another shape or the normal avenger.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33