yes im british. (doesnt make me posh or a chav)

how would i go about buying a guitar off american websites like musiciansfriend.com
and others?

will the p+p cost me my limbs?
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
MUsicians Friend don't post here. You might be better looking at American eBay but be sure to ask about import tax and that before you part with cash.
^ I think he's trying to save money since the dollar 's dead cheap these days.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by elliott FTW

how would i go about buying a guitar off american websites like musiciansfriend.com
and others?

will the p+p cost me my limbs?

P+P is usually more than the item you want to buy because they all want to use UPS or Fedex. On top of P+P you still get slapped with a 3% customs charge 17.5% vat and if they do use fedex you get another 10% handiling fee on top of that. The real kick in the teeth is that when they invoice this stuff they include postage costs with the value of the item which means you have to pay all the extra taxes and surcharges on the shipping too.

It's only the smaller companies that are willing to use USPS that are good options for british buyers than only want a couple things. When I order stuff from the states I always do it in bulk and because I'm a retailer myself I get it wholesale. Even with the 30% discount that most of them give me, I still end up spending more than the Americans do most of the time. Sometimes, when I order enough, I can get it for a better price tho.

If you tell me what you are looking for I might be able to help you find a good supplier that won't ship via fedex.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Green_Jelly
^ I think he's trying to save money since the dollar 's dead cheap these days.

It won't be much cheaper after he's paid shipping, tax and customs...
For things like pickups (small stuff) buying from the US is ideal, but for larger items...hardly worth it.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by elliott FTW

We don't use those words over here, but I'm sure you're not
Like others have said, ebay is probably your best option, most US retailers won't ship overseas.