ok so im getting either a jsx 2X12 combo or a 6505 2X12 combo, either way i need a another 2X12 extension cab for gigs so when ever i practise i dont have to lug around a 4X12 and a head :P IM SMRT

for the 6505 what cab would you sugeest to go with the sheffeilds, im not taking them out too much time and money.

as for the jsx, what 2X12 cab would be good for it.

jsx- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-JSX-212-Joe-Satriani-Combo-Amp?sku=481441

6505- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-212-Combo-2x12-Guitar-Amp?sku=481433

this would help a million.
I really don't think a 2x12 combo plus a 2x12 cab is necessary...mabye I just don't get your reasoning. If you're trying to get a 4x12 sound out of two 2x12's, you're going to be a little dissapointed. Most 4x12's are deeper, larger, and baffled in such a way as to produce more bass that two 2x12's can't cop.
Won't a 2x12 extension cab cancel out the internal speakers?

Meaning that you're replacing a 2x12 with a 2x12
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
really? i didnt know that, then i should just get a 4X12 for gigs then use the 2x12 for band practise and home stuff/recording??
Quote by convictionless
really? i didnt know that, then i should just get a 4X12 for gigs then use the 2x12 for band practise and home stuff/recording??

Why won't you just use the 2x12 for gigs? You're probably gonna be miced anyway.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Or, just buy a JSX head and cab. They weigh less than the combo does.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by jxljxl
Won't a 2x12 extension cab cancel out the internal speakers?

Yup, exactly.

My 5150 combo was modded in some way to not turn off the internal speaker, but without that, it should turn off.

Just go with FLCLcowdude's answer and buy the head and a cab, no point in the combo if you're going to be running it through a cab all the time anyway. Plus it'll be a lot easier to carry around.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com