Hey, question. I've heard rumours of people using the Boss MT-2 as a clean boost, and I'm interested in trying this. I have someone who would sell me one for $35, but I could get a new LPB-1 for that, or a LPB-2 kit. I'm just looking for a clean boost for under $50 to stick on my pedalboard, to replace my EQ (which just gets used as a clean boost).
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well the LPB-1 isn't exactly clean. It is nice boost though, just colors your tone a bit.

Adds some bass, right? I'm not terribbly worried about transparency, to be honest. If I didn't want pedals futzing with my tone, I wouldn't use them!
I've heard the MT-2 is not that great as a clean boost. Usable maybe, I dunno, if you can borrow one from a friend or something, try it out.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Just get a LPB-1. I can't imagine the MT-2 being a better booster; or a better anything, really.
I read an article on some metal producer who uses an MT-2 aswell as tubescreamers as a clean(er) boost... but then again that article was in total guitar. So was probably all lies.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by mr_hankey
Just get a LPB-1. I can't imagine the MT-2 being a better booster; or a better anything, really.

I suppose I'm just too optomistic about useing crappy gear in different ways.

The only thing holding me back from an LPB-1 is the rumours that the EXH Nano series pedals are noisy. Any confirmations?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I suppose I'm just too optomistic about useing crappy gear in different ways.

The only thing holding me back from an LPB-1 is the rumours that the EXH Nano series pedals are noisy. Any confirmations?

It's noisy if you use an improperly filtered power supply. On batteries, it's as quiet as any other booster.

Quote by timi_hendrix
I read an article on some metal producer who uses an MT-2 aswell as tubescreamers as a clean(er) boost... but then again that article was in total guitar. So was probably all lies.

TG is a steaming pile of crap.
Quote by mr_hankey

TG is a steaming pile of crap.

You win the stating the obvious award for today It is indeed.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Go for the LPB.
Or... If you can get a danelectro wasabi overdrive for cheap, get that.
It's boost is quite transparent. It just adds a minute amount of treble and mids. But, that's nice to boost into leads.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Alright, so I'll try the LPB-1, probably...unless this is also usable as a clean boost? I've been curious about trying one of these forever: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DOD-Overdrive-Preamp250-Reissue-Pedal?sku=150070
This too: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DOD-YJM308-Yngwie-J-Malmsteen-Signature-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150039

It's worth mentioning that if it works as a clean boost, but can be used as an OD/preamp, I'd still be interested. I'm really just looking for a boost, here, to replace my EQ.
Those DOD pedals are great, very underrated pedals. The YJM308 OD is basically the OD250 modified to Malmsteen's specs. I've been using the YJM308 for a while now. With all the OD's I've gone through I've yet to take the YJM308 off my board. The YJM308 adds a bit of a high end boost and has more gain on tap than the OD250. You can crank up the level and have the gain at zero and it works great as clean boost.