I really wanna try out the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Half Stack but there isnt a music store near where i live that has one. I currently have the Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt amp and the metal amp model is based on that amp. Does anyone know where I might find one and how much they cost?
Ya, I said it...

I'm a beast... you can't deny it.
Craigslist?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
uh your best bet to find one would be to either go to the nearest guitar center and ask if they can order them or go onto the mesa website and search for dealers closest to you...and the half stacks run somewhere around $2500 +...they are expensive but damn are they nice
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Quote by TJ Wise
uh your best bet to find one would be to either go to the nearest guitar center and ask if they can order them or go onto the mesa website and search for dealers closest to you...and the half stacks run somewhere around $2500 +...they are expensive but damn are they nice

I don't think GC carries Mesa...if they have one its probably used.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
my GC has a s hitload of mesas ^
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
sam ash might carry mesa.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by soul_power
I don't think GC carries Mesa...if they have one its probably used.

Not every GC location is authorized to carry Mesa. Go to Mesa's site and use the dealer locator feature.
if you want to go the cheap way of getting a mesa, do what i'm working on doing..buy the head from mesa which only runs somewhere arounf $1300 i do believe, then go to musicians friend and buy a B-52 cab they have with celestion vintage 30's (same speakers as in a mesa cab) for $600..and lo and behold you save aound $500 by not paying to have the mesa name on your cab
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
^^awesome idea
plus you could like buy the mesa logo and stick it on their
than it would be saving 500 bucks for like EXACTLY the same thing
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
than it would be saving 500 bucks for like EXACTLY the same thing

No. I'm not a fan of Mesa, at all, but they build their equipment very well. Much better thatn B-52, that's for sure.
Well if you currently have a spider 3 the mesa boogie will be so much better you will love the mesa boogie.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by the.spine.surfs
No. I'm not a fan of Mesa, at all, but they build their equipment very well. Much better thatn B-52, that's for sure.

+1, a B-52 is no substition for a Mesa cab, even with the same speakers.

And for prices, check my sig, it's not $1300 new, not even close...

I personally don't like the Single/Dual/Triple Rectos and believe there's many better amps for the price, however, Mesa's other similarly priced amps I love.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by the.spine.surfs

well i dont see what the difference would be if the speakers are the EXACT same..unless they use different wires...in that cause you could still get the wiring in the b 52 redone for cheaper anyway. you're just paying for a name with the mesa cab man, i'm telling you, i've researched this many times
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Quote by TJ Wise
you're just paying for a name with the mesa cab man, i'm telling you, i've researched this many times

No you're not and you obviously didn't research very well.

The Mesa is undoubtably put together better, most likely has different dimensions for a better sound, the woods and parts used are higher quality and the overall attention to detail is greater.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Mesa cabs aren't build out of particle board!

/argument.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I've heard good things about Orange/VHT cabs too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

That is because they don't make their cabs in china out of concentrated shit!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by aznrockerdude

Never tried an Orange cab cause I've never been in a store that sells orange, but...

VHT Fat Bottom...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, boutique cabs are awesome. BTW, MatrixClaw, get your ass on AIM.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by TJ Wise
well i dont see what the difference would be if the speakers are the EXACT same..unless they use different wires...in that cause you could still get the wiring in the b 52 redone for cheaper anyway. you're just paying for a name with the mesa cab man, i'm telling you, i've researched this many times

obviously you didnt do any research. B-52 probably *I'm not claiming to have done research* uses chinaman v30's, where as mesa uses made in england v30's. You really cant lose quality by how you wire your speakers, unless you use like, lead or something as conducting wire. Mesa will have better craftsmanship, wood quality, and most likely, as matrix mentioned, a better design.
Quite simply, i'd go with avatar over b-52 anyways.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
obviously you didnt do any research. B-52 probably *I'm not claiming to have done research* uses chinaman v30's, where as mesa uses made in england v30's. You really cant lose quality by how you wire your speakers, unless you use like, lead or something as conducting wire. Mesa will have better craftsmanship, wood quality, and most likely, as matrix mentioned, a better design.
Quite simply, i'd go with avatar over b-52 anyways.

Yeah, I forgot all about those Chinese speakers. The only thing that should be made in China is Chinese people...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I have a B-52 AT-412 cabinet, that I got for a mere $160.
It was possibly the best $160 I have ever spent, but to compare the cabinet to a Mesa cabinet is just madness. Even if you are paying for a name (which you always are, even if slightly), it could still never justify the price difference.

But on the same account, the B-52 is a workhorse of a cabinet and it sure can take some abuse! I love mine. Probably the best cabinet you could get until you start to reach the $700+ range.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST412-280W-4x12-Guitar-Cabinet-with-Celestion-Vintage-30s?sku=602079

this would be the cab i'm talking about here...where as i didnt take into account that the wood quality would be a big difference in sound, i assumed most of the tone came from the 6L6 tubes in the mesa head, and i also wasn't aware of celestion making vintage 30's in china and england..so that was my bad..but i still don't think that cab will make a huge difference in the tone at all
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Quote by TJ Wise
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST412-280W-4x12-Guitar-Cabinet-with-Celestion-Vintage-30s?sku=602079

this would be the cab i'm talking about here...where as i didnt take into account that the wood quality would be a big difference in sound, i assumed most of the tone came from the 6L6 tubes in the mesa head, and i also wasn't aware of celestion making vintage 30's in china and england..so that was my bad..but i still don't think that cab will make a huge difference in the tone at all

I though we were talking about the cheaper B-52 cab. But, there are 2 big holes in your argument. For one, saying that a cab doesn't make a difference in tone shows just how ignorant you are about this subject. You don't even own one, so therefore your opinion is null. Also, I can get a Mesa cab used for 400 bucks. No tax, and I might even be able to talk the guy down to 375.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by TJ Wise

cab makes a big difference man. you can't really understand how much until you have multiple cabs to A/B thru. The cab combined with the speaker can make an amp darker/brighter, harsher/smoother, boomy/thin, etc... People tend to underestimate how important the actual cab is, but after trying quite a few cabs for extended periods, I can tell you it's very important. A good versus crappy cab can change your sound pretty dramatically. Things like quality of the plywood, where it's mostly glue and filler or actual wood, how thick, baffling design and material, cab dimensions, cab porting design, hardware and wiring, etc..., all make a difference.

The Celestion speakers are all made in China now however. Only the Heritage series are made in England AFAIK. However, if the cabinet didn't make a big difference compared to the speaker, you could use a cardboard box and get decent results, which isn't the case.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
cab makes a big difference man. you can't really understand how much until you have multiple cabs to A/B thru. The cab combined with the speaker can make an amp darker/brighter, harsher/smoother, boomy/thin, etc... People tend to underestimate how important the actual cab is, but after trying quite a few cabs for extended periods, I can tell you it's very important. A good versus crappy cab can change your sound pretty dramatically. Things like quality of the plywood, where it's mostly glue and filler or actual wood, how thick, baffling design and material, cab dimensions, cab porting design, hardware and wiring, etc..., all make a difference.

The Celestion speakers are all made in China now however. Only the Heritage series are made in England AFAIK. However, if the cabinet didn't make a big difference compared to the speaker, you could use a cardboard box and get decent results, which isn't the case.

The Marshall MG cab is made of cardboard.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, I forgot all about those Chinese speakers. The only thing that should be made in China is Chinese people...

hey watch it, there's plenty of chinese people here. ( )

furthermore, china manufactures so much more than cheap music gear. without their products being brought over here, we'd be paying arms and legs for just about anything.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
furthermore, china manufactures so much more than cheap music gear. without their products being brought over here, we'd be paying arms and legs for just about anything.

that's a blessing and a curse though. Ever see the list of recalled infant and toddler toys from China, due to poisons like lead and other toxins? That list alone is HUGE.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by UnsignedRecords
hey watch it, there's plenty of chinese people here. ( )

I am not trying to be racist, but China's history of human rights violations and assorted problems have made me sick. You remember the tainted cough syrup with antifreze in it because they were cutting costs? And the lead painted toys that made some kids pretty sick? Those came straight from China. And yeah, China manufactures more than just cheap music gear, they manufacture most of the crap in this world. But, considering that Gas is about $3.40 a gallon, things made here in the US would be just as cheap. Because remember, you gotta bring the stuff into the US.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I though we were talking about the cheaper B-52 cab. But, there are 2 big holes in your argument. For one, saying that a cab doesn't make a difference in tone shows just how ignorant you are about this subject. You don't even own one, so therefore your opinion is null. Also, I can get a Mesa cab used for 400 bucks. No tax, and I might even be able to talk the guy down to 375.

Well for the 2 big holes in my argument, i may not own a cab but that doesn't mean i havent played on various cabs...i have for instants play on a mesa dual recitifier with the mesa cab, peavey vavle king stack, a few orange amps, and a handfull of marshall..so before you go saying my opinion is null, i know somewhat of what i'm talking about..just because i'm not big on how cabs work full doesn't mean i'm ignorant...and if you can get a mesa cab for 400 doesn't mean everyone can, you're getting it used from a guy, that guy isn't an option for everyone who wants a mesa cab

and Erock 503 thanks for the info on cabs
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Quote by Erock503
that's a blessing and a curse though. Ever see the list of recalled infant and toddler toys from China, due to poisons like lead and other toxins? That list alone is HUGE.

yeah true, i mean china's far from perfect haha.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I am not trying to be racist, but China's history of human rights violations and assorted problems have made me sick. You remember the tainted cough syrup with antifreze in it because they were cutting costs? And the lead painted toys that made some kids pretty sick? Those came straight from China. And yeah, China manufactures more than just cheap music gear, they manufacture most of the crap in this world. But, considering that Gas is about $3.40 a gallon, things made here in the US would be just as cheap. Because remember, you gotta bring the stuff into the US.

just saying, "only things that should be made in china are chinese people" is kinda racist, that's all.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords

just saying, "only things that should be made in china are chinese people" is kinda racist, that's all.

Not really, racism is discrimination based on race - that's discrimination based on the country of origin of products. He's got nothing against the chinese people themselves (thus the "...are chinese people").
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by rafarquhar
I have a B-52 AT-412 cabinet, that I got for a mere $160.
It was possibly the best $160 I have ever spent, but to compare the cabinet to a Mesa cabinet is just madness. Even if you are paying for a name (which you always are, even if slightly), it could still never justify the price difference.

But on the same account, the B-52 is a workhorse of a cabinet and it sure can take some abuse! I love mine. Probably the best cabinet you could get until you start to reach the $700+ range.

If you're buying the cab because of the low price then sure it's great. Me on the other hand, I have the LG412 and loaded it with Eminence legend speakers. The cab is very poorly designed. Huge gap in the back as an airport, which also lets all your low end out the back giving you extremely low bass projection.

Sure, if I needed a cab really bad, for less than $300 B-52 isn't bad. If you're looking for a professional tone, it needs to be replaced.

Port City Wave 4x12 on the way baby!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Fama
Not really, racism is discrimination based on race - that's discrimination based on the country of origin of products. He's got nothing against the chinese people themselves (thus the "...are chinese people").

eh, man i hate to keep it going, but i took it in a different way (as if chinese people were mass produced yada yada).
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
eh, man i hate to keep it going, but i took it in a different way (as if chinese people were mass produced yada yada).

they are

I kid, i kid.
speaking of kids.
They have a 1 kid limit there
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
still? god damn. oh well, gotta love communism somehow.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
still? god damn. oh well, gotta love communism somehow.

that reminds me of my history class last thursday.
Our teacher asked if we really think that korea or china would acutally launch a nuke at anyone.
And i said.
OF COURSE THEY WOULD! THEY'RE COMMIES!
He was disapointed with my response, but the class liked it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
that's exactly what my history teacher would say.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.