hi i have been a guitarist for a long time but have recently started singing...this song is called car crash by matt nathanson..most of u have probably not heard of him but i would greatly appreciate if you could tell me what u think of my cover and any improvements i can make..i know the guitar tone is terrible its plugged straight into my computer but i was mostly looking for crits on the singing..you crit mine ill crit yours

thanks alot

the song is in my profile
Last edited by willw3477 at Apr 14, 2008,
Pretty good. The high's were just right. (not too high, not high enough) You sound like you know what you're doing.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I would never have guessed that you didn't have experience with singing. Your voice is different from a lot of what's out there right now, but in a good way, I'd say. Keep it up.
hi everyone thanks alot for your responses..i really appreciate it..is there maybe anything i can improve on? or anyone who would like songs of their own critted?
I've done the same thing recently, I've played the guitar for a while, but I've started singing a bit.

I really like the "tone" of your voice. As someone already said, its different, but in a good, unique way.

With a bit of practice hitting high notes and everything you could be a great singer.

C4C? If you have the time, follow the link on YouTube, and leave a comment on the thread and the video.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13776808#post13776808

Thanks in advance,
ok guys i just redid the entire cover including the guitar..its in my profile and says updated..i know i kinda messed up the pitch of my singin in one part but i did several takes and did not want to redo the entire thing for one minor error..in my opinion though this one is much better than the first..give it a listen and let me know what ya think..ill crit yalls too if ya want
I don't like the tone of your voice at all. Tone is subjective though. As far as the singing goes, you have some potential with a good concerted effort to practice.
well thanks for the crit man ^...im sorry you dont like my tone..i think my voice might fit certain types of music better than others but maybe it just doesnt appeal to u..is there anything i can improve on? or songs that might fit my singing well?
Well, I think your niche would be indie/pop-punk. Can't really give you any pointers on songs to sing because of the fact that I hate that music. ;P

My pointer would be to stop singing from your nose and throat, that is where the whiney tone comes from. You're singing from behind your nose/roof of your mouth(it's a technique country singers use to get that twang). Sing from your chest! Boom that **** out!
hey man thanks a lot...i really appreciate some constructive criticism..ill work on that an try to sing more from my chest..i like all kinds of music..from metal to accoustic rock, so im sure i can find a style my voice will fit well with..anything ya would like me to crit?