I'm looking into getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio and i've heard many good things about it.
But are there any bad things about it?

What are the pros and cons of this guitar???
O O

___
Can't think of any pros, but the cons are: It's ridiculously overpriced, and I know its cheap as guitars go, particularly Gibsons but it really isn't worth that much. Honestly, I've played pieces of plywood with a nicer tone.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by TheBax
I'm looking into getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio and i've heard many good things about it.
But are there any bad things about it?

What are the pros and cons of this guitar???

Pros:

-Good build quality
-Decent materials used
-That classic 'Gibson tone and feel'
-Looks pretty good

Cons:

-overpriced
-there has been a debate about the quality of the wood used

This is a suggestion, but look into an ESP LTD EC-1000 with the Duncans, or if you can pay a bit more, look at an ESP Eclipse Standard series.
Be cool.
Pros: It's a sturdy, well sounding guitar.
Cons: It is not as good as the LP Standard (wood) and not as pretty. You can get better guitars for the money it costs, e.g. the Gibson SG Standard, Yamaha AES920, ESP Eclipse, or any given Fender in that price class. There is a giant load of better guitars in this price range, imo.
But regardless, if you want an original Gibson LP, this is the cheapest possibility to get one.
Quote by Ichimaru
Can't think of any pros, but the cons are: It's ridiculously overpriced, and I know its cheap as guitars go, particularly Gibsons but it really isn't worth that much. Honestly, I've played pieces of plywood with a nicer tone.

Gimme a break pal.
Be cool.
ya they are highly overpriced. Look at the agile 4000's on rondomusic.com. Just do some research and find some unkown guitar brands. But i suggest the agile i got one and i love it to death. The only catch is you can only buy them online so you cant play them. But kurt(owner of it all) is amazing and they have one of the best customer services around. If you ask a question he will get back to you quick with an honest answer
Quote by thedude051
Gimme a break pal.

Well I've played a couple and that's the impression I got. Gibson make some nice guitars but this one just plain sucks.
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Well I've played a couple and that's the impression I got. Gibson make some nice guitars but this one just plain sucks.

Like I said..gimme a break. There are several people on this forum who have purchased a Gibson Les Paul Studio, even the cheaper $800 ones, and they are very happy with it. I have played many Studios, and although they may not be a Standard, or the best for the money, they certainly are better than pieces of plywood and are very decent. They do no "suck" at all. Maybe its just the player...*ahem*.
Be cool.
Quote by bWsWwrestler
ya they are highly overpriced. Look at the agile 4000's on rondomusic.com. Just do some research and find some unkown guitar brands. But i suggest the agile i got one and i love it to death. The only catch is you can only buy them online so you cant play them. But kurt(owner of it all) is amazing and they have one of the best customer services around. If you ask a question he will get back to you quick with an honest answer

Rondo hasn't had al4000s on their site for months...
i've never heard of the ESP Eclipse, but i just looked it up on Musician's Friend and they look pretty good. (what does ESP stand for???)

Also, what's a good punk guitar then?
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by thedude051
Like I said..gimme a break. There are several people on this forum who have purchased a Gibson Les Paul Studio, even the cheaper $800 ones, and they are very happy with it. I have played many Studios, and although they may not be a Standard, or the best for the money, they certainly are better than pieces of plywood and are very decent. They do no "suck" at all. Maybe its just the player...*ahem*.

I've yet to play a Studio which is worth half the price it costs and there are many, many better quality guitars in the price range.
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
I've yet to play a Studio which is worth half the price it costs and there are many, many better quality guitars in the price range.

See..this is why I can't argue with people like you...
Be cool.
Quote by TheBax
i've never heard of the ESP Eclipse, but i just looked it up on Musician's Friend and they look pretty good. (what does ESP stand for???)

Also, what's a good punk guitar then?

Electric
Sound
Products
Be cool.
Quote by Ichimaru

Im normally not one one to be mean. But go buy a boflex and Benoit yourself.
Quote by thedude051
See..this is why I can't argue with people like you...

Half the money it costs then
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by TheBax
onthe ESP Eclipse on Musician's Friend it says "2 volume and 2 tone controls with 3-way switching", but it only has 3 knobs, what does this mean?

That's a typo, it only has one tone knob, but two volume knobs.
Though there are eclipse II models with four knobs out there.
I guess the ones with three knobs are just the actual models, seeing as they are listed at www.espguitars.com .
If you want one with four knobs, I'm sure you can still find some of last years models in the stores.

EDIT: ESP's are more voiced for metal, as they have active pickups on them, though you can get ones eith passive Seymour Duncan pickups as well, those should be fine for punk.
A great alternative is the Yamaha AES920 - look it up.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by thedude051
*self faceplam*.

See now I'm confused <_>
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
See now I'm confused <_>

You have to visit The Pit more often. But in plain English, what I meant was I was slapping myself.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
You have to visit The Pit more often. But in plain English, what I meant was I was slapping myself.

Oh no, I get what facepalm is, but if you weren't pointing out the grammatical error, then what was your point?
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by TheQuailman
That's a typo, it only has one tone knob, but two volume knobs.
Though there are eclipse II models with four knobs out there.
I guess the ones with three knobs are just the actual models, seeing as they are listed at www.espguitars.com .
If you want one with four knobs, I'm sure you can still find some of last years models in the stores.

no, i was just wondering. I looked on AmericanMusical.com and it said Vol./Vol./Tone/Toggle switch, and i kind of thought the other one just might have been a typo, so thanks.
O O

___
Quote by Ichimaru
Oh no, I get what facepalm is, but if you weren't pointing out the grammatical error, then what was your point?

That I find it ridiculous how much you over exaggerate. Here is a brief recap of your posts so far:

Plywood sounds better than a Gibson Les Paul Studio
They just suck
They aren't even worth half as much as they cost

Now...if you don't find those to be stupid and uneducated comments, then there is no point in arguing with you. Thats why I stopped. You aren't even capable of realizing that I wasn't correcting a grammatical error. I was trying to point out your comment about them being half as much as they cost.
Be cool.
guys, as much as i hate it when people get into conflicts in threads (i've done it a few times also), thedude051 is right.

Ichimaru, you're not helping me in any way, so go somewhere else.
O O

___
In case you missed my edit:

EDIT: ESP's are more voiced for metal, as they have active pickups on them, though you can get ones eith passive Seymour Duncan pickups as well, those should be fine for punk.
A great alternative is the Yamaha AES920 - look it up.

If you want, you can get an epiphone elitist LP, it costs a little less than the esp, but is a great guitar that is at least as good, if not better than the Gibson LP Studio.

Don't forget the AES. I always have to advertise those, great guitars.
Quote by TheBax
guys, as much as i hate it when people get into conflicts in threads (i've done it a few times also), thedude051 is right.

Ichimaru, you're not helping me in any way, so go somewhere else.

If you really like the LP Studio, go for it. I was just suggesting other alternatives. But I have played several Studios, and I thought they were great. Good feel, tone, and a bit more lightweight than most LP's. Ask anyone on these forums who owns one, and you'll get very positive responses.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
That I find it ridiculous how much you over exaggerate. Here is a brief recap of your posts so far:

Plywood sounds better than a Gibson Les Paul Studio
They just suck
They aren't even worth half as much as they cost

Now...if you don't find those to be stupid and uneducated comments, then there is no point in arguing with you. Thats why I stopped. You aren't even capable of realizing that I wasn't correcting a grammatical error. I was trying to point out your comment about them being half as much as they cost.

What would you consider to be an educated comment?
I have played many, many guitars in, above and below that price range so I can safely say that there is some experience behind my comments.
Fair enough I exaggerate to get my point across, but there's no harm done there.
As for the pricing comment, seeing as my argument was perfectly valid, whether you deem it to be true or not (The judgement being entirely subjective), I don't see why you would make a point of refusing to argue with 'guys like me'.
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
What would you consider to be an educated comment?
I have played many, many guitars in, above and below that price range so I can safely say that there is some experience behind my comments.
Fair enough I exaggerate to get my point across, but there's no harm done there.
As for the pricing comment, seeing as my argument was perfectly valid, whether you deem it to be true or not (The judgement being entirely subjective), I don't see why you would make a point of refusing to argue with 'guys like me'.

Sure there is. You fail to realize this. The harm being done is not to me, but to the TS. Telling him a decent guitar he is considering buying "sounds worse than plywood, just plain sucks etc." is doing harm. You are not giving an honest, fair opinion of the guitar because of your exaggeration. As for the pricing comment, that is also a part of your exaggeration, whether you agree or not. So therefore, it is thrown in the bin with all those other silly comments. The only valid argument you have is that the there are better guitars in the price range, as to which I have already stated previously. For the reasons above, and to respect this thread and the TS, this is why I refuse to argue with you.
Be cool.