okay i have a few questions for anyone who knows.
1. when i tap any fret, i get two notes, the one that comes from the vibrating string between my finger and the bridge. and another pitch that comes from the part of the string between the nut and my finger or between the finger on my left and the finger on my right when i am doing tapping licks. I think it happens because the part of the string closer to the nut taps the fret wire on the nut side of my finger. any ideas on how to fix this?

2. my action, i have to raise it a lot.. and i mean a lot! before the strings stop buzzing against the frets, but then it is annoyingly difficult to play. could adjusting my truss rod help this? or do i just buy a new guitar (not what i want to do)

3. my intonation goes sharp as i get higher up on the high strings, and it goes flat as i get higher up on the low strings. its not so bad in the middle like the D or G strings

any serious suggestions are appreciated ( by the way the guitar is a Jay Turser Les Paul copy and i do jump around from standard to dropped and open tunings a lot)
thanks!
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
the tapping thing sounds like it should to me..im no expert, but the vibrations that arent reaching the bridge wouldnt reach the pickups and wouldnt be PICKED UP. Surely the two note arent being picke up on the amp?

and the buzzing thing is fine my guitar buzzes like hell, but i enjoy the low action. I think u have re intonate it using the bridge if you raise the action..not sure though sorry.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

1.put a hairband just in front of the nut on the first fret.

2.might be the truss rod, or you're using heavy guage strings without setting it up for it.

3.the intonation's out, use the screws on the individual saddles on the bridge, i'm not going to go into detail, but look up 'setting intonation' or something like on google. it's not too hard.
1. only happens when you unplugged
2. Just how it is.
3. You need to adjust your intonation
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
ah yngwiejnr i think you are probably right about the tapping issue its just annoying when it is unplugged... i would still like to eliminate buzz though because it kills my sustain and i already have terrible sustain
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

ahh thank you i think i understand the intonation thing now i never really knew what those things were for.. but i will give that a try.. and i think i should adjust my truss rod because my neck is obviously messed up, but i don't want to destroy it completely

this thing has so many problems i need lots of help with at least some.. thanks people
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude

Last edited by mosh_face at Apr 12, 2008,
the buzzing thing is definitely NOT how it should be. It could be the heavy gauge strings like glowskull said, just look down the neck and see if it's bent. Get the truss rod set up by a pro if you don't know how to do it yourself.
If it's not the truss rod, maybe the frets are uneven. A guitar tech can help you with this.
About the intonation: Did you file away at the nut in order to put heavy gauge strings on your guitar? If you did it wrong, that may be the reason. Get your nut replaced. Again, ask a pro to do it for you. If that's not the case, maybe you just need to adjust it by using the intonation screws on the bridge.
sorry i forgot to mention i use d'addario light guage strings, it is probably not a problem about heavy strings. i never messed with my nut but i think the stock one might just be a dud, i think if i got a nut that was taller (just a bit) the buzzing would not be as ridiculous on open strings. and yes i will adjust my intonation later tonight... another thing thatmight be strange is that my neck is definitely fatter near the headstock and slimmer but wider near the body... normal or ****ed?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude

Necks usually are wider near the body, though they don't tend to be slimmer. But neck designs differ - I wouldn't be concerned about this.
The problem with a higher nut is that it will mess up the intonation at the lower frets. If you didn't mess with it, it should be all right.
Once again, your best bet is taking it to a guitar tech and have it properly set up. That takes cash, sure, but afterwards you'll have a perfectly set up axe.
alright thanks quailman and everyone else... I will fix the intonation tonight and use a ruler to see if i need to give the truss rod a little adjustment
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude