i was just thinking back on some of the gigs ive been to in my life. And i was thinking about what actualy made me enjoy the gig and i thought that its more to do with the show the band puts on rather than their playing.

for example i saw opeth a while back and YES i love opeth, i love their CDs and when they were on stage they played their stuff really well, but i wasnt entertained by them, what i enjoyed about that gig was the crowd rather than the band.

slayer were similar, they went up and stood and played their songs and went off, which i found really boring.

i love both of these bands and im glad i saw them but i wouldnt see them again

when i go 2 a gig i like 2 see sumthing new and not just hear a band play their latest album.

alot of punk and ska bands ive seen are good at this as are bands like children of bodom and lamb of god.

so whats ur thoughts on the matter? for you what makes a great gig?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
its really a combination of both. but i think as far as metal goes theres no excuse to just sit there and play. i was in a death metal band for a couple years and we would always move around the stage. if your not having fun up there the crowd can normally tell and therefore they won't have any fun.
the feeling that the band is playing off of the audience and not just going through a script of things to say and so forth, no-one wants to watch a recorded program when their ecpecting spontanaity(?)
Enjoying and feeling the music is more important to me. and I don't wanna get raped by a thousand guys who are just randomly throwing punches and drop kicking. Thank god they are not in RHCP or Rush concerts
i saw the english beat a while back. flawless preformance-wise, but the crowd interaction and such was some of the most entertaining ive ever experienced
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Headbanging, meeting new people, meeting the bands, the band being great live, is what makes a gig good for me
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
It depends on the band what I like about the concert. When I saw Pearl Jam (twice, in your face biatches) I really enjoyed their playing. They are not as wild as they used to be anymore but all the solos are improvised, they jam within songs and they play for really long. But when I saw the Bloodhound Gang it was all about having fun. They had a beamer (capacity was 750 people) with stuff like "Download our new single on Limewire, no one's gonna buy it anyway." and there was a huge pit. When I was crowdsurfing they threw me on the stage and I danced with the singer. Both nights were great (the first one was better though) but for completely different reasons.
Agreed.

Especially about Opeth, when I saw them at Gigantour I was actually pretty bored (Plus they played a lot of deliverance stuff over blackwater park)

Slayer was insane.

G3 is totally different as the crowd just sits and stares but the actual show, to me, is entertaining.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Quote by TonyS42
but i wasnt entertained by them

I thought Opeth was hilarious when I saw them...

Absolutely spot on between song bantering
Quote by GiantRaven

I thought Opeth was hilarious when I saw them...

Absolutely spot on between song bantering

the singer was ill when i saw them so that might hav had sumthing 2 do with it
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
Go see dragonforce, even IF you hate them !
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!