Poll: Do you drive with....
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you drive with....
Automatic, Right Hand
9 11%
Automatic, Left Hand
10 12%
Automatic, both Hands
7 9%
Manual/Standard, Right Hand
8 10%
Manual/Standard, Left Hand
7 9%
Manual/Standard, Both Hands
8 10%
Automatic, constantly switching hands
6 7%
Manual/Standard, constantly switching hands
4 5%
I don't drive
21 26%
Other
1 1%
Voters: 82.
Manuallllll

EDIT: By manual left hand, i assume you mean you change gear with the left hand, not left hand drive.
Last edited by sam b at Apr 12, 2008,
manual FTW
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab

So many UG'ers use manual?!

Eh, it's probably a Europe thing. You never really see automatics over there, and you never really see people drive manual (usually called "stick" over here) in the US. We're probably all too goddamn stupid to do it anyway. I'd actually like to learn, so that douchebags can't drive away with my car.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I drive automatic, and sort of change around what hands I use; sometimes both, sometimes just one hand, etc.
I tend to use my right thumb only, putting pressure at the 5 o'clock spot on the wheel. Either that, or the full right hand at the 2 o'clock position.

Automatic.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Automatic, I steer with the left. Sometimes with no hands.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Manual, only right hand on most of the time, unless I'm pretending that I'm a racing driver....
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Manual is the real man's suspension.

I often change hands, though I use my left hand for steering most of the time, the right hand just rests on my right leg.
I don't know what you're on about with this "hands" crap. I drive a manual - no-one has automatics around here. I don't know why you would unless you're too stupid to cope with a clutch.
There's definately more automatics in Europe than there are manuals in the US, which is less than around 5% of all cars.

EDIT: PV... How much have you tuned it to go?

EDITT:
Quote by darkstar2466
Fix'd.

Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Apr 12, 2008,
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Theres definately more automatic's in Europe than there are manual's in the U'S, which is less than 5% of all car's.

Fix'd.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

EDIT: PV... How much have you tuned it to go?

I don't really know; since the speed-indicator only reaches 70
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Apr 12, 2008,
whatever i have to use... in Africa left hand shift with right hand steer. In the US mostly automatic with right hand steering or left foot shift both hands steer (motorcycle)
Quote by smb
I don't know what you're on about with this "hands" crap. I drive a manual - no-one has automatics around here. I don't know why you would unless you're too stupid to cope with a clutch.

I hate driving manuals around a busy city with alot of stop and go, but i enjoy back roads with a manual.
Quote by ViperScale
I hate driving manuals around a busy city with alot of stop and go, but i enjoy back roads with a manual.

Yeah that's true...I'm too used to living out in the country with only occasional excursions into town
Driving hand?

What on earth are you talking about?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
No multi-choice?

=/

When I drive a manual, I drive with my left hand (obviously, since it's left hand drive), and when I'm in the last gear, I may drive with both hands.

And, in an automatic, it just depends on my mood. If I drive one handed it's mostly with my left hand, but like I said, it all depends.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I've only recently begun my lessons.. but manual/both hands
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!