Ok, well I have just gotten a new guitar, ESP Horizon FR-II, a big step up from my previous Squier Strat. I use a Fender Frontman 15G (came with the Squier) with a Boss ME-50 effects board. I have been playing for about 4 years, mostly metal music, I occasionally do some gigs with my friends, and I play everyday. Now that I have my new ESP, I don't want to mess up it's sound with my crappy amp, so I want to get a new one, but I'm not sure what to get. I don't want something really fancy, just something good for jamming, and small gigs. Any suggestions on what amp to get?

Thanks
Quote by Horlicks
Depends how much you want to spend and what kind of music you play.

I would probably be willing to spend around $500, and I play metal music.
The only new decent metal amp in your price range is the Randall RG series, go used and you could get a Peavey 5150
If you want a Metallica-esque thrash tone and don't care about cleans, then a Peavey Windsor.

If you want modern high-gain metal and don't need crystal-clear cleans, then go for a used Peavey 5150 2x12.

If you want better cleans and a decent amount of gain, then go for a Peavey Valveking 112 and some kind of overdrive (Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS9, etc).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard