I have the old version of the book, is it worth buying the new? I bought the old version out of ignorance and I'm just wondering what the newer edition offers.

Thanks
-psyks
Hiscock!
He's cock

i fail
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
I have the new book, not that different, he includes some different types of tonewoods and updates the suggested recorses list in the back of the book, some other little stuff, not to different. I wouldn't.
sounds like it's not worth getting the new one. you can get all the info of the book off the net.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Haha, I found the old book in a book bin for a couple bucks, it's great!
Quote by funguy
sounds like it's not worth getting the new one. you can get all the info of the book off the net.

Yeah but you should actualy buy it as opposed to stealing it, this is one this where you should actualy have a physical copy of. Plus he's put a lot of effort into it and seems like a nice guy (and was payed f**k all for the first edition, but I'm guessing the latest one has made him a mint)

Any way the latest edition has a right handed guitar as the first guitar, not left.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Yeah but you should actualy buy it as opposed to stealing it, this is one this where you should actualy have a physical copy of. Plus he's put a lot of effort into it and seems like a nice guy (and was payed f**k all for the first edition, but I'm guessing the latest one has made him a mint)

Any way the latest edition has a right handed guitar as the first guitar, not left.

+1

He deserves to get paid for such a good book.
i find it lacking in some cases. some spots are informative but other spots are kinda vague. I bought it and I found it useful but I was hoping for a little more in depth in some spots. good book tho...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology