I have a marshall valvestate 8040 amp, solid state on clean, valve driven on boost.. dont want to change the amp if I can help it, but want to get more higher end tone,

No matter what the overall settings the amp has a lot of bass.. generally great for blues and rock rhythm, but struggles on solo..

Any ideas ? Amp is played with a gibson lp standard...
You could try an overdrive pedal or an EQ pedal as a solo boost, but I'd say you'd get the best results if you'd get a new amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I use a BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A with both my valvestates and it makes it sound more like a tube amp.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
An EQ pedal would prabobly work. Just use it to boost your highs and take out some of the bass.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by Ventor
I use a BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A with both my valvestates and it makes it sound more like a tube amp.

That might be a pretty good idea, although some people don't like the pedal (or is that the rack version?). I suggest you try to borrow it from a friend or make sure the store you buy it from has a return policy or something. But yes, a lot of people like that pedal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i use an eq with my 8100. it can def help you out.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by Fama
That might be a pretty good idea, although some people don't like the pedal (or is that the rack version?). I suggest you try to borrow it from a friend or make sure the store you buy it from has a return policy or something. But yes, a lot of people like that pedal.

I use the rack version, never tried the pedal.
They don't make the 422's anymore, and I heard the newer versions don't sound as good as the old stuff, depending on the amp I guess. But you can find the 422's quite cheap on Ebay I think.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower