Hey guys, I've pretty much narrowed my guitar choices down to about 3. Keep in mind that I am going to be using this as my thrash guitar. I don't want a trem.

So, which of these guitars should I choose?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028

Thanks for any help,
Ben
Ben
I know nothing about any of those guitars except that the EX400 looks sweet.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I'd go for the Schecter heard some guy using it on youtube with a 'crap' amp according to UG (SPIDER III GOD FORBID) and it really did sound kick ass (Imo). Wouldn't go for the V just for the fact that you have to stand up and play, Explorers, I just don't like visually but hey that's my opinion.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Schecter axes are good for rock/metal -- so if that is your bag you'll be ok.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Do not get an ESP for under 900 bucks, their cheaper guitars are absolute crap. period. The Schecter is alright, I'd suggest you save up your money for a Gibson Explorer, A Nice Ibanez, or a Nice ESP, anything above a grand.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Go Schecter, that guitar is a metal goddess!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by DSchmitty
Do not get an ESP for under 900 bucks, their cheaper guitars are absolute crap. period. The Schecter is alright, I'd suggest you save up your money for a Gibson Explorer, A Nice Ibanez, or a Nice ESP, anything above a grand.

Most higher-end LTD's are really nice, TC, if you can stop at Sam Ash and play them that would really further advance your opinion than asking on a message bored. Usually I go into a shop with 3-4 guitars in mind, try to play them all, but just by the feel it's not a hard decision.

I've had experience with the Schecter, not exactly my cuppa tea (didn't like the neck, and I usually like bigger necks so idk, it just seemed too big). The V although I've never had experience with looks solid spec wise. Only thing is you must play with it between your legs or standing, which kills some people. If you play sitting getting a footstool will help (they're like $10). The Xplorer like LTD also looks fine, you'll have more tonal variance with the 60 at the neck than the V.

Although I haven't played it, I'd say go for the V.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Apr 12, 2008,
I did play a Jackson V last night at GC while sitting, and I have to say it was fairly awkward. :/

And I don't know who posted, but to the guy commenting on ESP's under $1000, I didn't know ESP made V's and EX's aside from the LTD series. Do they?

EDIT: It seems like a Hellraiser V would be perfect also.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Apr 12, 2008,
Oh,I kinda forgot another reason why I created the thread in the first place.

These LTD's....do they have any reliability problems? Or any cons I should know about?
Ben
Get the Flying V bro looks cool, or the xplorer i kno thats not there real names but yea u get the point lol
Anything with a humbucker can play metal dude, the gibson V for 600$ is much better than all three of those guitars.

Quality wise.
I guess another alternative is to wait for the Hellraiser V to come out. I don't know the time frame but it's not like I'm getting this guitar instantly.
Ben
I'd say EX cuz its really comfortable and looks sweet
and thats high enough on the ltd list to not matter especially since its tune-o-matic
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.