This summer I decided that I would build a Jackson Randy Rhoads to his (almost) exact description. only 26 of these have ever been built and I can't afford one. Please don't say that I cold just buy a RR1, they have several problems. I don't like the bevels on them and I want the pinstripes.

I found a Jackson virtual guitar builder and did a mockup build of it. Notice that there are two pickup selectors. One of them will be a killswitch. (black) Also they will be on the side instead of top.

Then I started put with a 4in. scale drawing, then blew it up at a copy shop in my town. I suck at drawing so please don't laugh.

I found some crap wood in my basement so I decided to play around with a skill saw and some paint. The Skill saw didn't work out so well, so I will have to buy a bandsaw. No big deal. I have found a place were I can get some good Mahogany so the body will be made out of it. I might try to make it a neckthru if I have enough wood. (or a setneck)

I painted it with some gloss white paint then used wood glue as a filler to get rid of some nasty cracks. Then painted it again. My goal for this was to see how much sanding I needed to do. I will sand it down fine and then put some black pinstripes on it, then I will start with the real deal one.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Nice.
And yeah you'll definately want a bandsaw (as you're going mahogany).
You'd get away with a jigsaw if you were workign with something like basswood.

But yeah, nice, good to see you aren't just doing an "RR3" replica like most.
ya, i canda figured that when i tore one of the blades to hell on the jig saw, lol
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead