33 37%
In between intermediate and Professional
14 16%
Professinoal
5 6%
Voters: 89.
What is you guitar player level?

write it down like thing

Example: Intermediate - 2 years of playing.

Poll coming.

Hoping this is a better thread.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at Apr 12, 2008,
Ahhhhh, why do you need to constantly poll? No one actually really uses them. I mean, I've never seen much interest accumulate in them.

I won't vote, but I guess I'm intermediate. 3 years.
Yeah, but my +2 Ibanez boost my charisma.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Novice I guess, been playing around 3 months I think...
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Ahhhhh, why do you need to constantly poll? No one actually really uses them. I mean, I've never seen much interest accumulate in them.

I won't vote, but I guess I'm intermediate. 3 years.

ok..
Well, legally I'm a professional musician, seeing how I get paid to play with people, and at shows with my band. But just for skill level sake (I'm solid, but that's about it.), I'm saying between intermediate and Professional.
I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years - 4 years.

Edit: I also own an Ibanez for +2 Charisma, but my Crate stack is a -2 in strength, with a +2 in Charisma (for pity coming from other guitarists).
Good thing my Jackson gives me a +2 in strength...all the pointy edges really help with those modifiers!
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
Last edited by gtr-dude'n'a1/2 at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by gtr-dude'n'a1/2
Well, legally I'm a professional musician, seeing how I get paid to play with people, and at shows with my band. But just for skill level sake (I'm solid, but that's about it.), I'm saying between intermediate and Professional.
I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years - 4 years.

Same here.
Except I'm usually the person filling in other persons bands on a short notice.
I'd say Intermediate to Professional.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I dunno what I'd label myself. I've been playing for 8 years, but im still learning new things. So whats the line between Intermediate and Professional?
Quote by The Minorthreat
ok..

You seem confused, from what I gather with the use of the ellipsis.

EDIT: Ah, my bad. I suppose people do like to poll occasionally. I thought the poll displayed directly on the page, without having to view the results.
Quote by dragen_slair
I dunno what I'd label myself. I've been playing for 8 years, but im still learning new things. So whats the line between Intermediate and Professional?

Advanced, perhaps?
lol you can't judge what level of playing you are by how many years you've played.
You could be at 1 year and be better than a pro

This system does not work.
I was Rare Candied to level 80 so I didn't look haxed.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
i've been playing for 6 years and there are kids better than me who have been playing for 3. i attribute my lack of skill to kinda crapping out for 2-3 years with pop punk and ****. years is not the right term though. and neither are necessary skills. because there are different aspects to a single instrument so different, that you cant compete between them.

its like having a guitar battle with bb king and paul gilbert, with wes montgomery as the judge.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I think I see a grudge developing. I don't approve.

What I mean is, it's really hard to describe your level using these terms. I mean, what exactly qualifies you as "advanced" or "intermediate"? I should stop using these terms.

Unless there is some fantastic lists of requirements to advance to the next "level", then I've realized it's hard to classify your skill in this way.
I've never gotten this whole skill evaluation system. How exactly would you define Novice, Intermediate, and Professional?
D:
Signature.
Quote by Atomic48
I've never gotten this whole skill evaluation system. How exactly would you define Novice, Intermediate, and Professional?

That's what I'm wondering. I just play as well as I can, and if someone thinks I'm good or not, then whatever.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
That's what I'm wondering. I just play as well as I can, and if someone thinks I'm good or not, then whatever.

I've seen this method used with tabs as well but sometimes I think it's used incorrectly as I'll be surprised by the true difficulty. Is the only qualifier for Advanced/Professional is your ability to pull of a blazing metal solo? That's what it appears to be.
D:
Signature.
My guitar power level is maximum.

Seriously, guitar isn't a video game. There aren't levels. It's just what you are at the time.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']lol you can't judge what level of playing you are by how many years you've played.
You could be at 1 year and be better than a pro

This system does not work.

I agree.......completely. I know a guy who has been playing for 4 years and shreds like crazy.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Yah i put myself as intermediate, ive been playing for 4-5 years, some people would view me as higher than that, but i really don't think im good enough at all, its all perspective.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Intermediate skill + Noob's gears = Where does that put me?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by El Cumanés
Intermediate skill + Noob's gears = Where does that put me?

Noob.

lol joking...

How come your profile doesn't exist?.. I smell a hacker!
Pretty sure I'm intermediate, not pro, not novice,
Been playing for 2 and a half years.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Between novice and intermediate I would say, been playing about 2 years.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Noob.

lol joking...

How come your profile doesn't exist?.. I smell a hacker!

i don't know either, maybe because of this symbol "´" on the nick.
With this link work:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/El+Cuman%3Fs/
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS