I've been contemplating purchasing a new amp for sometime in the future, and this one appeals to me, but I'm not sure of how good it is. I hear Paul Gilbert uses one.

I play mostly Progressive Rock/Alternative rock, such a Rush, Floyd, Muse, Audioslave, RAGE and Radiohead. So I need a versatile but heavy rock tone.

I'm finding my current amp, A Fender Blues Junior, beautiful for cleans, but in conjunction with my Fender Stratocaster, it is too trebley. :/

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
i tried the head out the other day at GC, i didn't get to crank it up at all really, but from what i heard it's not a bad marshall. the high range channel is pretty good. it's got plenty of gain, but you could probably push it a little more with an overdrive pedal. the low range, i would use mainly as a clean channel since it doesn't have much gain. my only beef with the amp was the detail and body knobs. you really have to mess with them to get a good tone. oh and i didn't like the cab. for some reason greenbacks don't do it for me. the tone sounded a bit tinny. i would get a different cab. anyways, i think you should just try one out.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
pull up the bass (near maxx), turn down the treble (1/4-1/2 way) , and pull up the mids a bit(3/4 of the way)it works for me, itll tone down the brightness
i played a blues juniors with q strat before, imho they had darker clean tones, i wouldnt consider them "trebly" at all

yes paul gilbert does use one now (vintage modern), he use to use laney though,
i guess marshall payed him more $$$

the vintage modern has a very fizzy type of gain (annoying imho), its kind of a turn off for me, oh and it doesn't have a clean channel....

try a Laney amp out ie. VH100R, GH50L imho they make way better amps than alot of the marshalls that are being produced now

or you can get one of the new carvin x100-B reissues, they have great cleans, and a built in eq as well, its also great bang for your buck

peavey classics are awesome too

the crate v32h (discontinued black one, not the new 33wat one) is really great as well, its got really glassy/sparkling cleans

or perhaps the fender supersonic, it actually has a decent gain channel (unlike most fenders), extremely versatile, and its also has two clean voicings, bassman and vibrolux, which are both awesome

EDIT: oh i almost forgot, you should try orange amps as well they are freakin awesome they produce some of the best crunches youll ever hear
^The Vintage Modern doesn't get fizzy if you turn down the detail and up with the body, then it's muddy instead. That's the issue with amp, either it's muddy or fizzy, never "perfect".
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I never could get an awesome tone out of it. It either has too much gain, or not enough for certain genres. It also ends up too muddy or too bright.

Check out the Hughes & Kettner Switchblade.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I never could get an awesome tone out of it. It either has too much gain, or not enough for certain genres. It also ends up too muddy or too bright.

Check out the Hughes & Kettner Switchblade.

EXACTLY!

It's either too much or not enough, never in between.

I find the Switchblade too digital sounding though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
EXACTLY!

It's either too much or not enough, never in between.

I find the Switchblade too digital sounding though.

I didn't think it would matter for things like Rage Against the Machine, Rush and Muse though!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.