I have been playing bass for a little over a year. I have retuned from C G C F (Drop C) to standard E A D G. I play in a hardcore band with a guitarist that plays in Drop C. Would it sound a lot better if I was back in C G C F or could I stay in E A D G and keep the sound good? Sorry I am asking this, I have always been in drop C for the band, and am just wondering if it would sound better or worse. I play slap bass.
yea. just keep the same tuning as the guitarist does so you dont have to be all over the frets trying to match the right note

and i never heard of drop c slap bass?
tuning doesn't matter but most guitarist get bitchy when somebody isn't using the right relative tuning to them (does that sound confusing?)
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by HH_Emo_666
yea. just keep the same tuning as the guitarist does so you dont have to be all over the frets trying to match the right note

and i never heard of drop c slap bass?

Ryan from Mudvayne plays a lot of slap bass, and he's done it in drop B and drop C.
I dunno, to me drop tuning anything other than for purposes of pedalling the lower string always seemed useless. To me, I can play the same notes and they'll sound equally good whether it's drop tuned or not. Aside from those few extra semi-tones of course. Then again, I've never played any genres that require drop tuning. I'm sure there's some kind of draw to it.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I dunno, to me drop tuning anything other than for purposes of pedalling the lower string always seemed useless. To me, I can play the same notes and they'll sound equally good whether it's drop tuned or not. Aside from those few extra semi-tones of course. Then again, I've never played any genres that require drop tuning. I'm sure there's some kind of draw to it.

+1
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ryan from Mudvayne plays a lot of slap bass, and he's done it in drop B and drop C.

Yeah, my playstyle is influenced a lot by Ryan.