Hey,
I am thinking of building myself a nice tube amp.
A lower wattage one, which is a very simple build (this will be my first amp build and I want to get into modding it).
But anyways, do you think I should go with a kit from Weber or Ceriatone, or do you think I should just read a schematic and go out and buy the parts?

What is one of the simplest builds out there? I was thinking a 5e3 build, or maybe a 5f1 if it would be that much simpler.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ceriatone uses slightly better parts than Weber; but it'll turn out more expensive (I think).

None of the tweed amps are really more difficult than any of the others, so just pick the one which would be the most useful for you. How low wattage do you want? Will you be gigging with it?
No. It'll be used for practice, maybe some home recordings. nothing more than 15 watts. I was thinking 5.
Well, it'd be nice if I could get cheap components first (like Weber), and then once I get into modding, I can experiment on how different brands of caps and other components affect the tone. Plus, spending less would be nice since this is coming out of my new amp budget.
I mean, is there anything simpler than the tweed amps? Like, do you think a blackface styled amp, or something like a marshall would be easier?
I really don't care too much about it's voicing, I just want it to be moddable and have decent tone, without being too loud.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
from what i've seen of layouts and schematics, the american amps seem alot simpler, the tweed champ on ceriatone seems pretty simple
lol@u
Alright.
I was thinking of a guytronix kit too.
There's a 1/2 watt tube head which looks nice. Its cheaper, and the half watt would be nice since 5 can get rather loud still. Plus, it'll allow me to design my own cabinet.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator