What does it mean when a guitar has jumbo frets (or anyother specification such as)? Does it mean the space between the frets are larger or the fret button is larger?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
i think it means space

but dont take my word for it
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
its the size of the fret it self. theyre larger which allows you to have better bends.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Quote by killzy
its the size of the fret it self. theyre larger which allows you to have better bends.

also, less pressure is required to sound a note, thus allowing you to play more notes with less energy.
The fret wire is larger, that is the metal "sticks" on the frets (might be what you call fret buttons).
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
A jumbo fret means that the fret wire, the metal bar between the frets, is larger than normal. This makes bending easier but makes it harder to play fast. Conversely, small frets allow speedy playing to be easier, but make bending harder.

You have to find what suits you best.
I would have thought jumbo would help u play fast to be honest, as u learn to use less pressure with jumbo frets to stop notes going sharp, and its a hell of a lot easier to play fast when u only fret with very little pressure
Quote by Jackface20
I would have thought jumbo would help u play fast to be honest, as u learn to use less pressure with jumbo frets to stop notes going sharp, and its a hell of a lot easier to play fast when u only fret with very little pressure

That's the idea with jumbo frets. It's a way of simulating scalloped frets like Yngwie uses without having to actually mutilate your fret board.
jumbo refers to the size of the actual fret wire (the metal part - not your fretboard).

jumbo frets are wider and taller than a smaller fret wire that you'll find on say an old fender or acoustic.
taller frets = easier bends because you can "get under the string" better without rubbing your fingers against the fretboard - thats what a scalloped fretboard intends to fix, as stated above.

its all in what you like, so experiment