Ok, I have decided I need to boost the tone on my marshall valvestate 8040.. whats best to do the job... an eq pedal or tubescreamer .. all advice welcome !
You really didn't have to make a new thread you know.

But anyway, I'd say the EQ since I don't know how well it would react to an overdrive pedal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
do you want to boost the signal or change your tone?
artists do what they can; geniuses do what they must.
id say the tube screamer should be better

the problem is what is your tonal change your looking to make
an eq will give you ability to work with all the diffrent frequencys
the tubescreamer will be good on the overdrive for metal
or it will be with the clean channel as a overdrive pedal
itlle give u more gain and a tube feel but ur marshalls overdrive should do that alone