so today i was trying my guitar teachers marshall jcm 2000 dsl something or other combo. (compared to my spider 2 ) I might get one.

but whats an FX loop, also as ive just seen in another thread, if you dont have one pedals wont sound good????

What is it? whats its purpose?

Chars
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
The FX-loop allows you to change the signal coming from the pre-amp before sending it to the power amp (which amplifies it).
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Could you please try using the search bar or reading the stickies?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Ventor
The FX-loop allows you to change the signal coming from the pre-amp before sending it to the power amp (which amplifies it).

ok soooo in what way? on that marshall amp is was a dial, so if its at 1? or at 10? what happens
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
The very watered down version- it allows you to use chorus and flang and such (effects that come after distortion.) and use the distortion channel on your amp.
Quote by Fama
Could you please try using the search bar or reading the stickies?

i did.....

thanks for the help
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by stratele
ok soooo in what way? on that marshall amp is was a dial, so if its at 1? or at 10? what happens

If there's a dial on the FX-loop it only allows you to change how much you mix the altered signal in the original signal. But if you don't have any pedals in the loop the only thing it will do is reduce the volume.
On my Marshalls you have to leave it at 0 if you don't use any effects in the loop.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower