Bitter
11 10%
Stout
20 18%
Pale Ale
16 14%
Voters: 113.
Page 1 of 2
The thread for the discussion of all things beer, be it your favourite beer, a beer you wanna try, or home brewing.

Basically its a thread for everything to do with the greatest drink in the world.

Some background information.

A Beer is any drink made from the fermentation of sugars from starch, steeped in water, and then flavoured with hops (usually, i came across a passionfruit beer once, it wasn't bad)

Types of Beer

Ale

Ales are brewed faster and hotter than Lagers, and in my opinion are far superior, they end up with a fuller body than lagers, and in my experience are less fizzy, and more full and sweet than Lagers. Bitter and Pale Ale, are two pretty common types of Ale, IPA being a very obvious one. Pretty much all the English brewers make types of Ale, Tetleys, Adnams, Fuller and Greene King all brew Ales.

Ale has to be my favourite type of beer.

Lager

AKA, Pisswater, apart from a few which really do pack a punch. Lager is an english name for the central European brewed beers, that are clear, and are fermented cold. (or colder than Ales) Proper lagers in my opinion are things like WeiBbeer which make you go *akh* when you swallow them, well they did me.
All the chavvy Stella and Kronenbourg are Lagers.

Dark Beer

Dark beers use starch that has been roasted for longer, hence the darker colour, i like dark beer, and very dark beer becomes stout, like Guinness, which ends up just black
A pint of Guinness is probably one of the most awe inspiring sites ever, it should be one of the seven wonders of the world

Light Beer

Most beer sold today is Light beer, based on the old fashioned pilsner from czech

Made from starch that is less roasted, it comes out pale.

There is your background information

What kind of beers do we all like, and what kind of beer do you brew where you live?
Discuss, argue, and just generally chat over this awe inspiring topic.
lol@u
hertog jan FTW.

and F the english with their "warm" beers, it's sposed to be cold for a reason! it tastes better that way!
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

My favourites? Becks, Carlsberg, Grolsche and Gosser. All class beers.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Its all about keo. or if not guiness :P
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Budweiser, Fosters, Carlsberg Export, Guiness are the best i've had.

And when i went to Berlin, i had (i know i've spelt this wrong) Schoffer something Kristelweizen and it was the best thing i've ever had beer wise.

If anyone can hook me up to a site where i can import it, i would be eternally greatful.
My Favorites: Yuengling, Coors, Lowenbrow (man i butchered that.lol) . I Love German Beer. In My opinion greatest beer ever.
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by TheQuailman
Not even pils.....pah! You don't know nothing about beer.

Pils comes under Light beer, i.e czech pilsner, i should have put that in really......
lol@u
Quote by Azza Dutt
My favourites? Becks, Carlsberg, Grolsche and Gosser. All class beers.

it's Grolsch.... sersiously.... stop calling it Grolsche. and no it isnt a class beer, its crap, i know cus it's made in a brewery about 5km from where i live... its wastewater...
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

the best beer i've ever had was when i was in germany, somewhere near rothenburg, the guy that owned the hotel i was staying at made his own ale. I must say it is the most immaculate drink ever brewed. i wish i knew the name of the hotel, i'd love to get some back here in the U.S. Id gladly smuggle ale if it came from that dude
I cant stand carlsberg. Why do ppl drink it? And the **** they put in it...
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Alexander Keith's

Local brew.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
Quote by lexaah
hertog jan FTW.

and F the english with their "warm" beers, it's sposed to be cold for a reason! it tastes better that way!

F the dutch with their Pisswater

We don't serve it warm, we serve it lightly chilled, i.e. not freezing, the idea is to appreciate the flavours
lol@u
i like wallerstein from bavaria ^^ or zwiefalter klossterbräu the town 2 kilometers away from my own^^
Quote by Blues_King431
Pils comes under Light beer, i.e czech pilsner, i should have put that in really......

Didn't see that. Sorry, my fault.
Kokanee, moosehead, hogarden(sp?) and fosters are my favorites
Quote by Blues_King431
F the dutch with their Pisswater

We don't serve it warm, we serve it lightly chilled, i.e. not freezing, the idea is to appreciate the flavours

most dutch beers are indeed crap; ofcourse speaking of heineken, amstel, grolsch. the 3 big names here.... they ALL taste like crap. best beerst are made in either germany or belgium.

ligthly chilled meaning you just got it out of the crate forgetting you have a fridge?

and about the "the idea is to appreciate the flavours" part, well.... let's just say i like good tastes n everything but if lightly chilled means it spent 5 minutes in a 7 degrees celcius enviroment... it's still warm imho
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Last edited by lexaah at Apr 12, 2008,
Never really got into fosters, Tetleys, Broadside and Abbot Ale are my favourites
lol@u
Quote by lexaah
hertog jan FTW.

+1, but that's a "regular" beer. When I jam with my homies we usually buy some heavier kind of beer. And yeah, if you wanna taste some awesome "special" beers you'd have to go to Belgium or Germany, but my all-time favorite is actually Irish: it's called Beamish. It's a lovely dark beer, guess you could compare it with Guinness, only tastier and with slightly more "body" (and the foam just floats at the top of your glass, like, forever, just like whipped cream or something...). The thing with Guinnes is that it's kinda like making love in a canoe: it's f*ckng close to water, to quote Eric Idle...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by shwilly
+1, but that's a "regular" beer.

its considered pilsner. and ah well what do we dutch know about making good consumable products? look at the food we invented.... just a bunch of fucking cabages stuck together.

im gonna shut up now and watch the americans fight it out
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Jupiler, Hertog Jan, Duvel, Palm, Dommelsch, Guiness, Bittburger. I like many different beers, no American beer/Heineken/Grolsch though.

This thread makes me thirsty.
i love how there's 3 dutch people in here now like we really know what we're talking about xD
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Alexander Keith's is my current favorite, although I'm not much of a beer drinker. The thought of it is making me a little ill right now since I had a little too much last night.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by InfiniteSadness
I'd like to give that a try in the future.

getcha some hops, some water and some bread, put that into a bottle stash it under your bed for 25 weeks, and have fun afterwards it'll be the strongest beer you've ever had/will have
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by Blues_King431
Haha, does anyone do home brewing here?

I have done some. Want to get back into it but no time atm. I've even kicked around the idea of trying to grow my own hops.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Everyone who has voted lager is an disillusional idiot who has never tried a real beer.

Lager is not beer.

Rich darks and ales for the win.

EDIT: My time in Germany recently, I drank a lot of generic German beer (although you Germans will never make beer as nice as us Brits, thank bloody God your generics do have some class) I got into a drink (it wasn't so good, but was nice light drinking) called something dunkel (I couldn't pronounce the first bit, so I just asked for the dunkel, then the regular).

Any ideas?
Last edited by Craigo at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by Craigo
Everyone who has voted lager is an disillusional idiot who has never tried a real beer.

Lager is not beer.

Rich darks and ales for the win.

I love you.

Also, Badgers and Newcastle Ale rules.
John Smiths and some others are great, but i don't drink much Brown/dark ales due to being 17 (18 next month YEAH!) and that lager is cheaper and easier for me to get pissed on.
Quote by lexaah
it's Grolsch.... sersiously.... stop calling it Grolsche. and no it isnt a class beer, its crap, i know cus it's made in a brewery about 5km from where i live... its wastewater...

In England it's brewed here, not imported, this removing any shred of class it may have pretended to have.

Ale > Lager.

Eastern European lager (Polish, Czech) > Any other lager.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by lexaah
hertog jan FTW.

I prefer some beers warm than cold actually.
I love these beer threads. There almost as good as the bashing of others musical tastes.
I like 'em all. They all have their time and place.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by lexaah

1) I'm dyslexic, I can barely spell most bloody English words let alone foreign ones.
2) It's a matter of personal opinion and tbh I like it, though it isn't my absolute favorite.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Page 1 of 2