mp3 in profile. 2 questions:
What do you think of it?
If you have a criticism, then how do you think I can improve it?
Improve it by making it longer
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
It's a kinda fuzzy, but other than that not too bad.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
might be the recording but it sounds a little thin and trebly to me
my signature could punch and kick your's
TS, are you using an amp or are you recording directly into the computer? If it's an amp, what kind is it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
too much treble.

but I liked it a lot.

what you using to get that tone?
SRV R.I.P.
wait, op - you are an anti-semite - go **** yourself, then.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by black-sabbath
Improve it by making it longer

That has nothing to do with tone. It's a lick, not a song.

Quote by dpv
too much treble.

but I liked it a lot.

what you using to get that tone?

Yeah I agree there was a bit much treble there. And you're not going to believe this, but guitar and amp cost be about $800 AUD. It's a behringer V-Tone GMX 212 and a Samick Greg Bennett Interceptor.

Quote by dpv
wait, op - you are an anti-semite - go **** yourself, then.

It's a joke. I was banned for apparently being racist against jews. Even though I have nothing against jews. Mods have no problem with it because they know it's a joke.
Too much high end and it sounds too compressed.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sounds too digital and needs way more bass in it.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
A bit off topic, but those are barely shred licks. Anyhow, I thought it was pretty decent.
Be cool.
Quote by fretsonfire74
It's shred and it was a lick. What's the problem?

I think what he meant was that your lick wasn't shred or was barely shred.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
To be honest, if you wanted us to put our opinions and thoughts on your tone, you could've put a bit of variety in it to show us what everything sounds like with your tone. Maybe some chords, licks, riffs, etc. Gives us a better foundation for judging your tone.
Quote by sektor47
To be honest, if you wanted us to put our opinions and thoughts on your tone, you could've put a bit of variety in it to show us what everything sounds like with your tone. Maybe some chords, licks, riffs, etc. Gives us a better foundation for judging your tone.

Very good idea. Those are just me messing around one night when i first got my microphone. So when i go back home tonight, i'll do that, and add some bass, reduce the treble a bit.
Off-hand, I liked it. Let me be constructively critical for a second though...

- the tone was a little thin (as mentioned)
- it lacked character (too digital or SS sounding perhaps)
- on the longer 8 second clip, the end of the runs sounded a bit sloppy and jumbled together, but i'm sure you're aware of that

my comments to spice it up a bit without buying a new amp...
- clean up the note playing a bit so each note is crystal clear
- add some light palm muting to the second half of the run to make it a little more interesting sounding
- put a little vibrato on that last pinch harmonic and hold it a little longer at the end, sliding down a bit after you end the note

very cool though, keep recording yourself. it's a great way to take a step back and listen to what you're playing.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
It basically sounded like you were playing through a very nicely EQ'ed spider, to be honest. It had no "balls", sounded thin, compressed, and way too trebly.
Quote by fretsonfire74
That has nothing to do with tone. It's a lick, not a song.

It has to do with it, and a lot!
What you think of my new surf board?... check my picture.

Record a song, at least a minute long to get a fair and close opinion.
Quote by fretsonfire74
It's shred and it was a lick. What's the problem?

They just don't really resemble what most "shred guitarists" sound like. The 4-second clip was more like a classic rock player just playing some random riff. The 8-second clip was a mere descending lick with a bit of distortion.

I agree with most of the posters who said that your tone sounded treble-y and thin.