i play standard tuning to drop c tuning so..... would gauge 13 strings be loose enough for standard tuning and tight enough for drop c???? plz tell me i need to them soon
Tuning 13 gauge strings in standard is murder for your fingers and your neck.

Changing tunings a lot, especially as drastic as E to C is bad for your neck methinks. You're going to need to get it ajusted for 13 gauge strings in C standard and then when you change the tuning, you're going to have it ajusted for E standard again.

I recommend picking a tuning that you really want and go with that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 12, 2008,
I think they would be too tight for standard tuning. Especially if u bend alot. I would go with .11s. I can go down to Drop C perfectly fine with .10s, but .11s would be tighter for Drop C.
probably i love heavy as hell strings, although most people probably wouldn't, 11's would be a good alternative if the 13's are too heavy
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
13s....... hells bells mate.... those on standard tuning are going to be like bass strings....your neck will need adjustment to compensate and your gonna have fingers like Arnies thigh.... in drop C they should be ok....I''m guessing there never dropped that low so I can only surmise.
[
wow 13s would be horrible in stardard, i usually play in a# and 12s work just fine for me...
i agree with qosta1998, in you were to play 2 steps down CFA#D#GC then 13. are perfect, but drop C in standard is muddy and hard to bend.

"Queens of the Stone Age are the Led Zepplin of your era" Dave Groul
ok that's kinda insane.... so what about drop d to drop c???? would 11's be perfect for that????
Quote by higherworlds
i agree with qosta1998, in you were to play 2 steps down CFA#D#GC then 13. are perfect, but drop C in standard is muddy and hard to bend.

"Queens of the Stone Age are the Led Zepplin of your era" Dave Groul

you spelled dave grohl wrong
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.