Page 1 of 2
This is a relatively new indie band that you guys should really check out. I think they're really cool. But be warned they're pretty noisy and abrasive, and the production is VERY Lo-fi. But I'm sure since this is an Indie forum a couple of you might like them.

Here's their myspace

ENJOY!
Quote by opivy21
Awesome band. I was contemplating making a thread about them. I just got Weirdo Rippers last week and I've been enjoying it.

Here's a cool video of their's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=obEEbhU598g

Yeah I borrowed that CD from my friend and put it on my Zune. It is such a good album!
I downloaded Weirdo Rippers but haven't listened to it yet.

To the people in this thread, if you like them, you will surely love Abe Vigoda, who are their label mates.
In fact, I do love Abe Vigoda. Do you happen to know anyway I could get some form of full length recording by them? Kid City is the only thing I can find, but I don't like it near as much as the other stuff I've heard by them.
I don't have any idea. I know that they are coming out with a full length soon and I know it is going to slay.
I really don't see what the fuss is about with this band. For some reason a promo of their album was sent to me out of the blue when it was released and I just couldn't get into it.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Shine On...
I don't have any idea. I know that they are coming out with a full length soon and I know it is going to slay.

I'ma keep my eyes open.
Eraser is a very good track. the rest of the stuff is very hit or miss for me.
my friends like this band, I'm listening to that link Opivy posted, sounds cool so far!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEVREEEEEBODDDDYYYYYYS DOOOOOOWNN

seen them live a couple of times, they had a fight at the end of thier set the first time, but i saw them having a cute 'make up' talk afterwards. awwwwwwww
I got "Nouns" because I saw it was in Decibel (for some reason), and, after reading the review, I got interested.

And I'm SO glad I did. Amazing album. Amazing band.

"Teen Creeps" is my most favorite song so far, but the entire album is just full of great stuff.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
yeah I recently got both Nouns and Werido Rippers. I like Nouns and Werido Rippers, but Nouns a bit more!

Nouns has kind of grown on me...i still haven't made a full decision on what i think about it.
i like it.

band could do better though. with a little extra effort they could definitely light up the scene.

eraser is a great track.
New record really reminds me of Sebadoh. Anyone else see that? Haven't seen any reviews mention it.
I listened to 'Nouns' for the first time today. Although it is a good record, it doesn't deserve they hype it's getting. To me, it kind of sounds like Guided by Voices interpreting Isn't Anything, mixed with just a tiny bit of modern refreshment. I will agree that they don't sound exactly like this, but at the same time, I just don't get what's creating all this hype. They're hardly very original. A fun good record, but not much more.
I got Nouns a couple days ago as well. I haven't given it a thorough listening yet as I also got several other cds that I gave priority to, but of what I've heard I haven't noticed anything exceptionally different from Weirdo Rippers. Dunno if that's good or bad. I'll know after I give it a couple spins.
Nouns is awesome.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
bah humbug just sent me Nouns. It's awesome.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i like this
i saw past lives and jordon was wearing one of there shirts
but i thought it was just a cool shirt
but its a band who knew

they are playing the kexp parking lot i am toattly checking that out
Quote by RHCP94
bah humbug just sent me Nouns. It's awesome.

Indeed, I did.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Another semi-decent band that will probably be blown way out of proportion due to being Pitchfork darlings. (See Vampire Weekend)
I've got Nouns, it's a grower and it takes a while to get used to but I really like it.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I've got Nouns, it's a grower and it takes a while to get used to but I really like it.

I'm glad to hear that, because I'm really struggling to get into. For some reason, out of all the bad vocalists that I listen to and enjoy, Randy Randall just bugs the hell outta me. It's not a problem on Weirdo Rippers because they fuzz up his vocals, but on Nouns they're just painfully present. But I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.
I like them a lot, but it's been a while since I listened to them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Nouns is excellent, one of the best albums of the year. Also they were on MTV which was pretty awesome.
I've been listening to Weirdo Rippers lots and lots lately. It's soooooo good.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Well, all this time later I still haven't gotten into Nouns. Weirdo Rippers still butters my bread, though. Neck Escaper is a friggin' great song.
i missed abe vigoda when they played with them.. they weren't supposed to play first, but did. alas, I got to hear a bunch of the new high places stuff which rules. On a side note, anyone else a little disappointed by the production on skeleton? I had some demos from 2007 of tracks from that album, and fell in love with that version of 'world heart' which has the goofy intro and outro.. skeleton is really muddied..and i always wish their vocals were higher because he (forget his name) has an interesting voice--interesting lyrics as well (see: animal ghosts).

nouns nouns nouns. Eraser was a lame single. It's such an OK song. Cappo Cappo Cappo.
Where'd you hear those Abe Vigoda demos? I've heard a different version of Animal Ghosts, but I don't really prefer it over the Skeleton version or the other way around.
Page 1 of 2