alright so over the last couple of days i tried out a dsl 401 for an idea of the jcm 2000 and a jcm 800 2203 reissue i'm thinking cuz it had a fx loop
now what about the 900 (specifically which ones are good)
i loved the 800 but i want a two channel amp and the 900 seems like it would be similar is it?
also i've heard the 900 has good cleans
anything on the 900 is welcome
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Yeah. 900 is good, but it sounds too modern for some people. Look for an 800 with two channels. I think its the 2204 or something like that
the 900's have GREAT cleans. yes there are two channel 800's. i'm sure those are very good too. but the 800's and the 900's arent as similar as you might think.

the 800's have that classic crunch to them. they are great for blues and hard rock. they don't have a ton of gain. they're all about output overdrive rather than pre-amp gain. if you get one you're gonna wanna push it with a distortion/overdrive pedal.

the 900's are voiced more for modern/hard rock. they do have great cleans, and they are much higher gain than the 800's. with a good distortion/overdrive pedal you could get into metal territory. with the 900's, if you want a more classic 800-type overdrive, turn the gain down and turn the volume up. this gives more power-amp overdrive, much like the 800's have.

anways, they are both great amps each with their different applications. obviously the 800 is a rock n' roll classic. but the 900 doesn't fall far behind. you really can't go wrong with either of them, they can do anything you want.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
yes i play a lot of classic rock blues sort of stuff
yet i play metal too, but i want good to apparently great cleans from my amp, so that's why i was looking into the 900
i am aware of the jcm 800 2205 and 2210 but they are somewhat very rare
and 900's seem a lot easier to get
so i'm just looking over all my options
so psychokille99 how is the acdc overdriven like tone of the 900?
when you get the whole power amp overdrive thing going does it sound good
how close to a jcm 800
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
There is a store called Steve B's music in Clearwater Florida that has a JCM800 2210 with white tolex for sale. You might wanna look them up.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
the reason why i'm not just deciding on a 2 channel jcm right now is:
-i was intrigued by the "good" cleans (great in pyscho's eyes) of the 900
this intrigued me because honestly the 800 didn't really have outstanding cleans, it seems its more meant for whoever like never uses cleans
i use cleans a lot say 50 % at least
-the fact that jcm 800 2205 and 2210 models (2 channel jcm's) are somewhat hard to come by compared to 900's
so for classic rock, blues, hard rock, grunge and old metal (metallica megadeth) which one is better
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
BTW, what is your budget?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
budget is probably 600-800? USD
although it somewhat depends
oh i'll go used obviously
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Get a used Mesa F-50 or F-100 head. Killer tone and good cleans.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I say JCM 900. It can do blues, classic rock pretty good, and old metal and all that fun stuff too. I just suggest an OD to go along with the extra money you save.

Quote by FLCLcowdude
Get a used Mesa F-50 or F-100 head. Killer tone and good cleans.

I think a brit tube amp would suffice much better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769

I think a brit tube amp would suffice much better.

**** you muffin man, always crushing my ideas!
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
900's are garbage. No low end, all hiss and shrillness. Trust me, I own one, and hate it. The only reason I can tolerate it is because I have an EQ pedal.
Quote by llanafreak44
900's are garbage. No low end, all hiss and shrillness. Trust me, I own one, and hate it. The only reason I can tolerate it is because I have an EQ pedal.

lol?

You're doing it wrong.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
you want a JCM 900

yes they are lacking somewhat in the low end..... but OMG, just today i had a guy play some classic rock and blues stuff though my JCM900, CRAZY, i knew the cleans were good but hearing them though a guitar that was meant for cleans it was VERY nice, the cleans are GREAT just like the other guy said, even with my EMG`s the cleans are very good.

if you have EMG`s in your guitar the JCM900 will do thrash metal, no problems.

but the price your saying i`m guessing your going for a combo amp???, everything i`ve said is for a 1/2 stack. JCM900

i don`t know what llanafreak44 is goin on about... i also have a JCM900 and it`s far from what he`s sayin.

i don`t know about the JCM800 , but Slayer uses them, there modded though.
thanks for the info slayer hows you're floyd rose btw
good to see that the 900's can do some clean stuff
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Gretsch through a Peavy 6505+
****ing orgasm
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
The Floyd on my Warlock is perfect, never a problem with it, says in tune no matter how rough you are with it and trust me i can get pretty crazy with it. i hardly ever have to tune my guitar and if i do it`s just a tweak.

i see in your siggy you are lookin for a head not a combo.... good choice, i just brought home a JCM900 1960 lead 4 X 12 today..... turned my JCM 900 into a totaly different head, it`s so much louder now over the 1936 2X12. i would not recommed running a JCM900 head with a MG cab, deff get a 1960 cab, i`m telling ya it`s TOTALY worth the extra money.
yeah my plan is to get it or the 800 like i said earlier and put it on the mg cab for a while at least
after a purchase like that it will take a while to build up another 300 bucks or so to get a new cab
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
VADER CABS are the best way to go
ok maybe only for Rip your face off metal but still i love them
http://www.vadercabinets.com/
get the 4x12 and when you want to have so fun with friends get the 2x15 for under the 4x12 Then you will rip them up like paper through a industrial shredder/incenerator
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
*looks at sig*

just my opinion
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Slayerdeath
you want a JCM 900

yes they are lacking somewhat in the low end..... but OMG, just today i had a guy play some classic rock and blues stuff though my JCM900, CRAZY, i knew the cleans were good but hearing them though a guitar that was meant for cleans it was VERY nice, the cleans are GREAT just like the other guy said, even with my EMG`s the cleans are very good.

if you have EMG`s in your guitar the JCM900 will do thrash metal, no problems.

but the price your saying i`m guessing your going for a combo amp???, everything i`ve said is for a 1/2 stack. JCM900

i don`t know what llanafreak44 is goin on about... i also have a JCM900 and it`s far from what he`s sayin.

i don`t know about the JCM800 , but Slayer uses them, there modded though.

I don't really care too much for slayer or KFK (no offense) but I was actually very impressed with the KFK JCM800. Tried one out at GC and almost creamed myself. Too bad the price tag is unnattractive.

OP: I think JCM900 is what you're looking for. You can score a head for about $500...that's the good part.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by acdclandon
what's you're complaint on them ssguitar?

TOO loud!

i dont really play outside my bedroom ever. so therefor 100w is unneccesary. cleans are great for a marshall. its not as ballzy as an 800, but IMO better than the 2000's. I like the marshall tone, just not making my ears bleed. so im going to get a Tiny Terror.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
well cool
that doesn't seem like that bad of a review lol
i mean at least its not like
"THE WORST AMP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
well cool
that doesn't seem like that bad of a review lol
i mean at least its not like
"THE WORST AMP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
lol

nah ur MG is in tie with the spiders for that title. i dont care if some people dont like them. i can dial mine in for alot of different tones. Santana, SRV, clapton, found a mayer tone the other day....love it, indie rock tone (sick puppies). it can get thrash really good without an od with stock pups in an ibanez. how heavy you wanting to go?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by omghi2u
I don't really care too much for slayer or KFK (no offense) but I was actually very impressed with the KFK JCM800. Tried one out at GC and almost creamed myself. Too bad the price tag is unnattractive.

OP: I think JCM900 is what you're looking for. You can score a head for about $500...that's the good part.

*DOOLZ*

i WANT the JCM8002203KK SOOO BAD!!!!, but that head is made to Kerry Kings standards, so it will eat a normal JCM800 alive and every other Marshall amp in terms of Metal. as for the price it`s very attractive to me, $1900 the reissue JCM8002203 is $2100 and most mesa`s are over the $2000 mark, so ya $1900 for a amp that will melt peoples faces, if i ever get $1900, i`ll own that amp and my JCM900 will be for sale, i MIGHT be getting a $3000 check if i do.... oh hell ya, i`ll be ordering my Marshall JCM8002203KK
Quote by Slayerdeath
*DOOLZ*

i WANT the JCM8002203KK SOOO BAD!!!!, but that head is made to Kerry Kings standards, so it will eat a normal JCM800 alive and every other Marshall amp in terms of Metal. as for the price it`s very attractive to me, $1900 the reissue JCM8002203 is $2100 and most mesa`s are over the $2000 mark, so ya $1900 for a amp that will melt peoples faces, if i ever get $1900, i`ll own that amp and my JCM900 will be for sale, i MIGHT be getting a $3000 check if i do.... oh hell ya, i`ll be ordering my Marshall JCM8002203KK

That is why you don't buy a Marshall to play metal...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
^ +1
Does anyone have any clean soundclips of a 900?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
well, it depends on what sort of a sound you're really going for...if you wanna play Metal or really HARD Rock...then you could go for the Marshall Kerry King Signature JCM800 Head Head, There's the Marshall Zakk Wylde Signature JCM800 Head, there's the Marshall JCM900 Head (Which, the one my Buddy has says "100W High Gain Master Volume MKIII" right under JCM 900 to the immediate right of the Power & Standby Switches) for Non-Marshall Heads there's the Randall Warhead which is high-Gain and 300-Watts, there's the Krank "Krankenstein" which was Designed by Krank with Dimebag Darrell to be so High Gain that he wouldn't need to run Distortion/Fuzz/Overdrive AT ALL in the FX Loop...I, Right Now, own two different Amp Heads; the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H 120-Watts/60x2-Watts Stereo Digital Modeling Head (And I Plug my Laptop into a USB Midi Cable that I have and run Behringer V-Amp 2 Software so I can Download Presets that Behringer Staff and other V-Ampire users upload onto http://www.behringer.com and use those amp settings, plus the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H head is REALLY Inexpensive, & it's TWICE the Digital Modeling amp that the Line 6 Vetta Series Amplifiers are. And the other Head that I have is a Marshall MG100HDFX 100-Watt Head (Same Amplifier that Wayne Static of Static-X either used to use or still uses...) and that Marshall is a Great little Solid-State Marshall Head.....so there's a lot of different ways you could go in Amp Head Buying.....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
well, it depends on what sort of a sound you're really going for...if you wanna play Metal or really HARD Rock...then you could go for the Marshall Kerry King Signature JCM800 Head Head, There's the Marshall Zakk Wylde Signature JCM800 Head, there's the Marshall JCM900 Head (Which, the one my Buddy has says "100W High Gain Master Volume MKIII" right under JCM 900 to the immediate right of the Power & Standby Switches) for Non-Marshall Heads there's the Randall Warhead which is high-Gain and 300-Watts, there's the Krank "Krankenstein" which was Designed by Krank with Dimebag Darrell to be so High Gain that he wouldn't need to run Distortion/Fuzz/Overdrive AT ALL in the FX Loop...I, Right Now, own two different Amp Heads; the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H 120-Watts/60x2-Watts Stereo Digital Modeling Head (And I Plug my Laptop into a USB Midi Cable that I have and run Behringer V-Amp 2 Software so I can Download Presets that Behringer Staff and other V-Ampire users upload onto http://www.behringer.com and use those amp settings, plus the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H head is REALLY Inexpensive, & it's TWICE the Digital Modeling amp that the Line 6 Vetta Series Amplifiers are. And the other Head that I have is a Marshall MG100HDFX 100-Watt Head (Same Amplifier that Wayne Static of Static-X either used to use or still uses...) and that Marshall is a Great little Solid-State Marshall Head.....so there's a lot of different ways you could go in Amp Head Buying.....

so many facepalms needed for the second half of your post...
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by Slayerdeath
...JCM800 2203KK...that head is made to Kerry Kings standards, so it will eat a normal JCM800 alive and every other Marshall Amp in terms of Metal.

NOOOO!!! WHAT ABOUT THE Marshall JCM800 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature Head?!? it wouldn't eat the JCM800 2203ZW Alive for metal...and the JCM800 2203ZW came out WAY BEFORE the Kerry King JCM800 Came Out!!
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
NOOOO!!! WHAT ABOUT THE Marshall JCM800 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature Head?!? it wouldn't eat the JCM800 2203ZW Alive for metal...and the JCM800 2203ZW came out WAY BEFORE the Kerry King JCM800 Came Out!!

Trolling is bad. So is getting hacked.
Quote by Mazz-

The Zakk Wyle Version isn't the same and was only limited edition. The Kerry King version is a permanent Marshall amp. Also, calm down on the capitals - had one too many coffees have we?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.