Hopefully this hasn't already been posted...if it has, I'll just delete the thread. I did a search and found nothing.

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- Video was released late Monday afternoon showing a brutal beating at the hands of a gang of teenage girls. Their motivation for the attack was allegedly so they could post the video on YouTube and MySpace.

The victim reported the attack after she was beaten so badly she had to be treated at the hospital. That's when the sheriff's office started looking into it and learned about the video.

The sheriff calls it shocking, saying he's never seen anything like it. It was a vicious attack all captured on home video inside a Polk County home.

When 16-year-old Victoria Lindsay arrived at her friend's house where she had been staying, six girls were waiting. Immediately, they started yelling and one girl began pummeling the victim.

On the video, the girls can be heard encouraging the fight in the background, even taunting Lindsay to fight back, all while one of them held the camera. The victim's family has said it was an elaborate plot to injure and embarrass Victoria Lindsay. Lindsay's parents couldn't believe their daughter had to endure the attack.

"That's my Tori. Don't do that to my Tori," said the victim's mother.

The 16-year-old suffered a concussion, eye injuries and several bruises. During the attack, two others were outside keeping watch according to the sheriff's office.

In fact, the sheriff said, Lindsay was lured into the home for the sole purpose of capturing and posting the video on the Internet. According to the sheriff's office arrest affidavit, Lindsay told deputies they "were going to post the beating on MySpace and YouTube."

Instead, it's the sheriff's office that ended up releasing it to the media and now all eight suspects accused of making it happen are charged with very serious crimes. All suspects face charges for false imprisonment and battery. Three of them were charged with kidnapping because, the sheriff's office said, they forced Lindsay into a car and drove her to another location after the beating.

The suspects were identified as 17-year-old Mercades Nichols, 17-year-old Brittini Hardcastle, 14-year-old April Cooper, 16-year-old Cara Murphy, 17-year-old Britney Mayes and 15-year-old Kayla Hassell. Zachary Ashley, 17, and Stephen Schumaker, 18, were identified by deputies as the lookouts.

"They weren't really involved, I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed by all of it. I don't know why the girls have them involved," said Debbie Shumaker, Stephen's mother.

All six of the girls attend Mulberry High School, according to the sheriff's office arrest affidavit.

http://www.wftv.com/news/15817394/detail.html

Part of the video can be viewed via a link on that page.

I don't know if it's possible to express how disgusted I am.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Last edited by Liberation at Apr 12, 2008,
'Tis old.

But it still sucks...for the girl and humanity, I mean.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Gotta accept there are some sick people in the world who are willing to cause suffering, purely for the 'lulz...'

I just wanna go hunt these sort of people down...
It's a little cOLD in here, and sorry I just have a bad impression of you from the pot thread.
But seriously this is like a week old.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with people......

That's ****ing sick.

Note: Sick is not used in a good context here.
Did anyone see Bill Maher talk about this? It's quite funny.

(Also, is "ridiculous").

EDIT: Someone already corrected TS' spelling mistake.

Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Last edited by nosushi4you at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by filthandfury
*Ridiculous

And yeah, it's been posted before.

Fuck. I hate typos.

Quote by Aaron0612
and sorry I just have a bad impression of you from the pot thread.

Yes, a bad impression because I don't do something that's harmful and illegal. Get the fuck over it.

Quote by Just Andrew
'Tis old.

Errm...5 days is old?

Quote by nosushi4you
(Also, is "ridiculous").

Someone's already pointed that out. Don't you just love how everyone on UG feels the need to correct others?
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Fuck. I hate typos.

Yes, a bad impression because I don't do something that's harmful and illegal. Get the fuck over it.

Errm...5 days is old?

Someone's already pointed that out. Don't you just love how everyone on UG feels the need to correct others?

Haha, we both edited our posts at the same time.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

YOU KNOW WHATS REDICULOUS..? your ridiculous spelling.

(I know its been pointed out)

yeah that was pretty sick.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Its horrible to whatch. I was hoping she would just hit them back, I'm sure she was intimitaed etc but she should have defended herself. Its a shame people in the world are like this, I mean what does it prove? 6 on 1 is pathetic.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by Liberation

Errm...5 days is old?

For The Pit, yes...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by floppypick
YOU KNOW WHATS REDICULOUS..? you're ridiculous spelling.

(I know its been pointed out)

yeah that was pretty sick.

Fixed.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Besides the fact that they were beating her up, it pisses me off that they wanted to do it to get popular on YouTube.

Seriously, what the ****? I don't even know how to describe my problem with that.
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
Fixed.

Wait......

Are you serious?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
Fixed.

Oh, I hope to god you're joking...

You're= you are....
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r165nN0cGUc&feature=user
He talks about it almost right when the video starts. I love this guy
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Why don't we all stop correcting each other's grammar mistakes ? Anyways, I read this a while ago, but this is a prime example of how brutal and cruel people can be regardless of age and gender. What's sickening is they were laughing about it after and they never realised the magnitude of their actions. It just sickens me to the core, these people deserve to be set on fire.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Why don't we all stop correcting each other's grammar mistakes ? Anyways, I read this a while ago, but this is a prime example of how brutal and cruel people can be regardless of age and gender. What's sickening is they were laughing about it after and they never realised the magnitude of their actions. It just sickens me to the core, these people deserve to be set on fire.

Wouldn't that make us just as bad as them.. I think they belong in prison, to get butt raped daily.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
Wouldn't that make us just as bad as them.. I think they belong in prison, to get butt raped daily.

To an extent yes, but they deserve that and much more.
I think they should be the girl's public bitches...she can do whatever the hell she wants to them, and they have to do it...
haha good idea.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by nosushi4you
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r165nN0cGUc&feature=user
He talks about it almost right when the video starts. I love this guy

I'm glad Jason Alexander was there to show him up for being a fucking prick

the girl shouldn't have been talking shit on myspace but this was way out there as reactions go.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
I'm glad Jason Alexander was there to show him up for being a fucking prick

the girl shouldn't have been talking shit on myspace but this was way out there as reactions go.

You can't really take him seriously when he says stuff like that

I agree with him that they shouldn't be tried as adults. This could ruin their whole future for beating up some girl.

Fights happen at my school all the time, sometimes involving more than one person, so why is this such a big deal?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

I'm glad that some of them are gunna get ****ed by the law. Still, these are the type of people that deserve to have the sh*t kicked out of them.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by nosushi4you
You can't really take him seriously when he says stuff like that

I agree with him that they shouldn't be tried as adults. This could ruin their whole future for beating up some girl.

Fights happen at my school all the time, sometimes involving more than one person, so why is this such a big deal?

no ... i can blame him, i understand people say stupid shit on tv to shock others, it doesn't make it any less stupid.

To be honest though i think they should be tried to the fullest extent, there's a difference between getting into a fight at school and luring someone into a house, beating her 6 on 1 and filming it.

Frankly i doubt anyone who thought this was a good idea has much of a future to ruin anyway.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
These girls made me disgusted to be a cheerleader.
Stop b*tching ; start a revolution
Quote by dann_blood
I'm glad that some of them are gunna get ****ed by the law. Still, these are the type of people that deserve to have the sh*t kicked out of them.

Hahaha these types of comments make me laugh. Maybe the girl they beat up deserved to have the **** kicked out of her. Does that make it ok for those girls to have done it?
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by tommyt
no ... i can blame him, i understand people say stupid shit on tv to shock others, it doesn't make it any less stupid.

To be honest though i think they should be tried to the fullest extent, there's a difference between getting into a fight at school and luring someone into a house, beating her 6 on 1 and filming it.

Frankly i doubt anyone who thought this was a good idea has much of a future to ruin anyway.

You do have a point there.

I think they're being made examples of, though. They're 16, and they're being tried as adults? That doesn't make sense. There's kids who have stabbed someone that weren't tried as adults.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by nosushi4you
You do have a point there.

I think they're being made examples of, though. They're 16, and they're being tried as adults? That doesn't make sense. There's kids who have stabbed someone that weren't tried as adults.

I kindof agree with you, but at the same time .... a few of them we're 17 and 18.

Even at 16 you know that locking someone in a house and effectively torturing them for fun isn't what normal people do and so really isn't the action of a child, if you don't have some degree of adult thought and an understanding of morality by 16 then you actually have something wrong with you.

I just don't think age is a valid excuse in this case because really, by their age they know right from wrong.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
At first, I thought this was something really ridiculous and it pissed me off.

But then I thought about it for about 8 seconds and realized:
1. She talks **** on MySpace
2. They were going to post it on Youtube to become popular.
3. Whoever thought it was a good idea was an idiot.

I couldn't care less.