I was in Sound Control today looking for a smallish valve amp and the assistant pointed me to some Sound City amps they're now selling. I didn't get a chance to try one out, so I just thought I'd see if anyone on here could tell me anything about them i.e. sound quality, build quality, type of sound etc.

The only other ones he pointed me to were the Valve Spiders, which I've heard some bad things about. They seemed a bit more comprehensive with more knobs and whatnot but how is the sound/build quailty etc on them?
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Well, assuming they're tube, Sound City and HiWatt are pretty much the same. Look around for info on HiWatt, it should tell you what you need.

Now, if they're recently made, I dunno. Sound City, the ones that I know of, are all old amps.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
^Yeah I thought they stopped making Sound City when Hiwatt started up.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^Had my hopes up for a moment.

Even the old Sound City amps on ebay are going up in price.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^Yeah that's what bugs me.

But then again, I'm planning a Hiwatt-ish build, so who knows?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ive tried the Mark 6s out a few times, my other guitarist is planning on picking up the SC20. Good amp for the money, pretty modernly voiced, bright, chimey, the cleans nothing to write home about, a bit of punch, but I loved the crunch you could get from the clean channel with the master volume. They pack ALOT of gain, which is quite smooth and fat, deffinately an amp youll want to spend some time EQing, but could find some nice sounds quite easily, but the speaker is a POS. So an upgrade would make miles of improvement. And the reverb was terrible, sounded very sterile and "bouncy", so id invest in a pedal for deffinate if its important to you.

Worth the money, of course its not perfect, but neither is anything, I found it to be quite similar to the Laney LC30s.
theyre not that bad - especially for the money

dont compare with my old 1971 120w Mk4 head i used to have! huge sounding, so so loud