Poll: Martial arts or Gun fights in your movies?
Poll Options
View poll results: Martial arts or Gun fights in your movies?
Martial Arts
84 51%
Gun Fights
82 49%
Voters: 166.
Page 1 of 2
So what do you like better? Sick move busting martial arts or super violent intense gun fights? I would say Martial arts, cause i am a martial artist. Your opinions? In movies.
Last edited by jemocam at Apr 12, 2008,
Depends on the situation.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Yeah depends, if it's like jackie chan run around jumpin off stuff while kicking ass thats pretty cool, but then again I also like gun fights a lot...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
That's one of the hardest questions I've ever read. Good job.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
If it's something like an Ong-Bak movie, you know Muay Thai kinda stuff then yeah. If it's a mexican-standoff then sure.
Just saw Hard Boiled. It had both in spades. But overall, guns akimbo is awesome...especially combined with motorcycles and explosions.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Just saw Hard Boiled. It had both in spades. But overall, guns akimbo is awesome...especially combined with motorcycles and explosions.

You name scares me for some reason.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
well put it this way...me beyond arms reach and being proficient with firearms, I could destroy you before you even got to me...if it was a one on one fight I could only pray my scrappy dirty fighting tricks could keep me alive...though it depends on what you're asking, as far as what looks coolest in movies? it can go either way, both can be rediculously retarded or the most awesome thing ever filmed...in real life, guns win, that's why they were invented
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
Fighting, it's just a lot more entertaining to me. Like Jet Li's movies that aren't in English, or some older Jackie Chan movies. Nothing like Crouching Tiger though, Jesus that was terrible. =\
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Gun fights, by a LONG way. I'd much rather see exploding skulls, brains flying through the air, blood spraying from holes in throats and intestines spilling out onto the floor from a blast of lead from an MG42 than some Chinese people kicking each other.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Definitely martial arts. It just looks cooler. And it seems like it's more skillfull.
The.
Quote by Jabman
You name scares me for some reason.

It is kinda unnerving actually.

On topic, i can't really decide, a majority of good shoot out movies kina suck in the martial arts section, the martial arts parts in films should have a different vibe to shoot outs.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Colgate Total
Fighting, it's just a lot more entertaining to me. Like Jet Li's movies that aren't in English, or some older Jackie Chan movies. Nothing like Crouching Tiger though, Jesus that was terrible. =\

ever seen The Protector? there were some badass fight scenes in that one!
Quote by National_Anthem
Ninjas with machine guns = epic win

lol. Samuria+machine guns= no more ninja
True about the Protector...the uncut 4 minute fighting sequence is non-paralleled.

And what's unnerving about my name? Is it the alliteration?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by DR132
ever seen The Protector? there were some badass fight scenes in that one!

I totally forgot about that movie. Good goddamn. Haven't seen that in years.

Wasn't that about cocaine deals or something? Anyway, I like that one and Drunken Master a lot. Though the random others like Half A Loaf of Kung Fu is like...weird.
(believable) martial arts easily win over gun fights. There just are more nuances and momentum while the other targets quick amazement.
Yeah martial arts.Especially my martial arts skills
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I've taken numerous karate lessons, so I'm pretty good at martial arts. But I also play airsoft, and therefore rock at shooting people and not getting shot as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not great at guitar...
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Guns, in many forms.

Guns in war:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRhZF3FaNs One of the classic battlescenes, with a beautiful and quiet score in the background.

Guns and gangsters:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjeNb3yd08 Great, over the top shootout with an iconis ending.

Guns and Chinese people (dubbed in English):
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SowHoPQwWmM JOHN FOOKIN' WOO!

Guns and - the master - Dirty fucking Harry:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YykfDFEk3y8
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Martial arts. It's fascinating, makes you wonder if the actor can bend like that somewhere else.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
Martial arts. It's fascinating, makes you wonder if the actor can bend like that somewhere else.

are suggesting something by any chance?
Quote by DR132
are suggesting something by any chance?

Gosh, I don't know.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
A mix of the two.

If you can only have one, it really depends on my mood and the situation.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i'd take clever dialog over both, but if i am forced to choose between these two...martial arts scene.
Quote by uhh_me?
i'd take clever dialog over both, but if i am forced to choose between these two...martial arts scene.

Dialog?! What are you, gay?

Fighting/Death/Body Count > Actual plot line
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I like watching Martial arts more than gunfights but I do enjoy both.
I guess it comes with being an actual martial artist.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by aaron6890
anyone remember that sick gunfight in raiders of the lost arc? the one when he took on that guy with the sword?

1. wasent so much a fight as it was....a shot
2. If have always looked back on that scene and wondered what if that guy was a normal everyday street preformer just in the wrong place at the wrong time, you know hes doing his act and some tourist gets the wrong idea and pops him one.....
Well, I think gun fights tend to be more extciting because they have guns and explosions, etc., but kung-fu fights can be cool. Not really as exciting, but still really fun to watch.

I was actually discussing this with a friend, whether he liked WWII movies or kung-fu movies better, and we both decided on WWII movies.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Actually I'd like to see a nuclear fire fight. You know a full-scale nuclear war on all fronts until nothing's left, not even single-cell organisms left for the winter.

Not much room for variation, besides an indefinite amount of mushroom clouds and never-ending blinding-ass light.
Gunfight. Watch Heat.
All your base are belong to us.
Page 1 of 2