So I want to join a band that needs a Dual guitar(rythm and leads) but more of a lead guitarist. I don't know if I good enough becuase I have been only playing for one whole year and they have been playing 2-3 I think, so should I join or not?

I know how to play the leads for these songs:
Behemoth - Conquer
Ozzy -Crazy train
Iron Maiden - Number of the beast (first solo)
Arch Enemy - Revolution Begins,Sliverwing, and Nemesis
Children of bodom - Tie My rope and downfall
Nightwish - Nemo
Pantera - Walk and CFH
Dethklok - Bloodtrocuted and The Dethklok theme,Thunderhorse

I know a bit of theory,I think I have good timing,and when there is a solo I can't do I try very hard to to get it down/right most of the time?
Last edited by The Minorthreat at Apr 12, 2008,
Don't think this is the right place
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
It's impossible to say if you're good enough if we haven't heard you play. I mean, I thought I could play Arpeggios From Hell after only 1 year, but in truth it sounded horrible. So post a sound clip, then I'll answer your question

EDIT: I changed my mind, join the band, what's the worst that could happen? xD
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Join. Your song repetior(sp?) seems pretty badass, and a band experience, wether it lasts or not will be good for you.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Obv. if you have only been playing for a year then we all know your not very good.

But join and try and keep up. Its not gonna make you worse.
Quote by The Minorthreat
So I want to join a band that needs a Dual guitar(rythm and leads) but more of a lead guitarist. I don't know if I good enough becuase I have been only playing for one whole year and they have been playing 2-3 I think, so should I join or not?

I know how to play the leads for these songs:
Behemoth - Conquer
Ozzy -Crazy train
Iron Maiden - Number of the beast (first solo)
Arch Enemy - Revolution Begins and Nemesis
Children of bodom - Tie My rope and downfall
Nightwish - Nemo
Pantera - Walk and CFH
Dethklok - Bloodtrocuted and The Dethklok theme,Thunderhorse

I know a bit of theory,I think I have good timing,and when there is a solo I can't do I try very hard to to get it down/right most of the time?

I highly, highly doubt you can play those two well for one year's experience, especially Downfall.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I highly, highly doubt you can play those two well for one year's experience, especially Downfall.

well I can and why would I lie?

or is it out of jealous because you can't do it?
Quote by The Minorthreat
well I can and why would I lie?

or is it out of jealous because you can't do it?

No, its not out of jealousy. Its just I highly, highly doubt you can play that piece well to where it is decent sounding.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
No, its not out of jealousy. Its just I highly, highly doubt you can play that piece well to where it is decent sounding.

same goes for you on A7X's B and H and you make it decent sounding? cause I highly, highly doubt it as well.
Quote by The Minorthreat
same goes for you on A7X's B and H and you make it decent sounding? cause I highly, highly doubt it as well.

It does sound good. Because Beast and the Harlot is in my skill level of playing, and is a not an out of reach solo for someone who has been playing 16 months. But solos such as the ones found in Downfall, and Nemesis, to name a few, seem out of reach for someone who has been playing "only one whole year". I'm not being an idiot here, I am being realistic. I think other members would agree with me on this one.
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by The Minorthreat

its not a very hard song man..
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by thedude051
It does sound good. Because Beast and the Harlot is in my skill level of playing, and is a not an out of reach solo for someone who has been playing 16 months. But solos such as the ones found in Downfall, and Nemesis, to name a few, seem out of reach for someone who has been playing "only one whole year". I'm not being an idiot here, I am being realistic. I think other members would agree with me on this one.

I guess me and you have different standards of hard songs then?

Kissing the shadows is a hard song but look over downfall and tell me that it is really hard to do.nemesis like come on it is not a really hard song at all just look over them.
Quote by The Minorthreat
I guess me and you have different standards of hard songs then?

Kissing the shadows is a hard song but look over downfall and tell me that it is really hard to do.nemesis like come on it is not a really hard song at all just look over them.

I don't need to look over them, I own and listen to them frequently. Downfall isn't a hard song, but it is for someone who has been playing 1 year, along with Nemesis. If you can truly play the solos to these songs well, then I'm happy for you. But I am speaking out of experience for these forums. Many people in this same forum have lied about being able to play Dragonforce songs at 11 months, or fast sweep picking at 8 months only to have been proven very wrong. If you could record some of it, that would be great.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051

My brother's been playing a bit over a year and can play Arpeggios From Hell. Some people learn manual skills more quickly then others.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I don't think being realistic is good idea. I don't think making sense out of this situation will help either, because two different people have two different points of "realistic". I think you can join.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by thedude051
I don't need to look over them, I own and listen to them frequently. Downfall isn't a hard song, but it is for someone who has been playing 1 year, along with Nemesis. If you can truly play the solos to these songs well, then I'm happy for you. But I am speaking out of experience for these forums. Many people in this same forum have lied about being able to play Dragonforce songs at 11 months, or fast sweep picking at 8 months only to have been proven very wrong. If you could record some of it, that would be great.

Sane I want to ask you if you can record B&H for me can I really like to hear it.I'm getting a mic soon I think it might come Monday than i'll record.I know people say what they can play and ect but how do I know you can play it? again i like to hear you play it clean.So don't prove me wrong and post B&H.

Thanks Minorthreat.
Quote by STABxYOU
My brother's been playing a bit over a year and can play Arpeggios From Hell. Some people learn manual skills more quickly then others.

Thank you.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Sane I want to ask you if you can record B&H for me can I really like to hear it.I'm getting a mic soon I think it might come Monday than i'll record.I know people say what they can play and ect but how do I know you can play it? again i like to hear you play it clean.So don't prove me wrong and post B&H.

Thanks Minorthreat.

Then I'll have it by Monday.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Then I'll have it by Monday.

You know what just for you, I don't know how to play it.

So show me B&H
Quote by The Minorthreat
You know what just for I don't know how to play it.

So show me B&H

That sentence made no sense to me whatsoever??
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
That sentence made no sense to me whatsoever??

You know what just for you ,I don't know how to play it.

SO SHOW ME B&H I REALLY WANT YOU TO PLAY IT!

Just make a little clip of the solo.
Quote by The Minorthreat
You know what just for you ,I don't know how to play it.

SO SHOW ME B&H I REALLY WANT YOU TO PLAY IT!

Just make a little clip of the solo.

Don't worry, I'll get it to you by Monday. Its only fair. I'm in no rush, why are you?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Don't worry, I'll get it to you by Monday. Its only fair. I'm in no rush, why are you?

I just told you that i don't know how to play it.

so, I guess it you that has to show that you know the solo for the song.I can only bet that your BSing that you could play B&H my friend... you are one of those people that LIED about what they can do?
Quote by The Minorthreat
I just told you that i don't know how to play it.

so, I guess it you that has to show that you know the solo for the song.I can only bet that your BSing that you could play B&H my friend... you are one of those people that LIED about what they can do?

See, now you are just acting like a child. Like I said, Monday.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
See, now you are just acting like a child. Like I said, Monday.

Don't worrying I'm recording now so get ready to post tonight my friend.
...Where do I even begin?

TS, you as us for our opinions, then when thedude051 gives you an honest opinion (mind you, it is a common thing for people to think they play well, but in reality sound like crap), you just completely dog him out? You're acting extremely childish; if you can't take criticism, why the hell did you ask for it in the first place? The truth is, it's hard to tell how well a person plays just by listing some songs he "can play." 9 times out of 10 the person thinks he can play a song, but when he records it and listens to himself, it sounds awful. thedude051 just wants to make sure this isn't the case. He is also being a gentleman by not blowing up at you in the way you are at him. Therefore, thedude051 gains my respect, while you, on the other hand, are nothing but a punk in my eyes. Have fun in that band, but here's some advice: Try not to blow up at your bandmates.
Quote by thedude051

just uploaded now show me B&H ..don't jump on the little mistakes I did BTW cuase that would be really stupid.
Quote by The Minorthreat
just uploaded now show me B&H ..don't jump on the little mistakes I did BTW cuase that would be really stupid.

I uploaded a small clip. The timing is off since I didn't use a backing track.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I uploaded a small clip. The timing is off since I didn't use a backing track.

Yeah but you played like the whole thing wrong... work on it alittle same goes for me.Sorry for laugh and BTW I'm not that mean of a person so sorry for laughing.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Yeah but you played like the whole thing wrong... work on it alittle same goes for me.Sorry for laugh and BTW I'm not that mean of a person so sorry for laughing.

what did I play wrong? My timing for the bends was off, but

EDIT: except for the ending last note.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
what did I play wrong?

You didn't even play the whole solo like how I did.You playing like 0.5/4 of the solo.

there are no two solos it is a whole solo and you didn't even do it which means you when against your word.guess I was right in saying you couldn't do the solo.
Quote by The Minorthreat
You didn't even play the whole solo like how I did.You playing like 0.5/4 of the solo.

You said a clip. I played a clip. I'm sorry, but my hands are tired. I can play it tomorrow if you like because right now I am very sloppy because I my hands are exhausted and so am I. You also didn't play the second solo, or the one after that. But anyways, I never assumed you were a mean person or anything like that. I accept your apology, and I apologize to.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
You said a clip. I played a clip. I'm sorry, but my hands are tired. I can play it tomorrow if you like because right now I am very sloppy because I my hands are exhausted and so am I. You also didn't play the second solo, or the one after that. But anyways, I never assumed you were a mean person or anything like that. I accept your apology, and I apologize to.

You know what lets stop this now.I just hope you the best .this whole thing is done.
Quote by The Minorthreat
You know what lets stop this now.I just hope you the best .this whole thing is done.

Agreed. But I would like to hear the rest of Nemesis if wouldn't mind. Not as a test or anything, but I thought the first solo you recorded for it was good. I'll record the rest of B & H if you would like tomorrow.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Agreed. But I would like to hear the rest of Nemesis if wouldn't mind. Not as a test or anything, but I thought the first solo you recorded for it was good. I'll record the rest of B & H if you would like tomorrow.

Maybe when I have real freetime I'll do the rest of th instruments for you like the bass,drums,and etc for the song sometime else.
no ****en song or solo is out of reach for any level of guitarist. it just depends on how many ****en hours you practise the song

god some people are ****en retarted.
Quote by xdeathxcorex
no ****en song or solo is out of reach for any level of guitarist. it just depends on how many ****en hours you practise the song

kinda harsh dont you think.
Quote by xdeathxcorex

See, you are an easy one. For example, a guy has been playing 1 month, and practices..oh..lets say 14 hours a day. Is he going to be playing Human Abstract or Necrophagist solos? I just proved you wrong. Enjoy your day.
Be cool.