Ok so I may be dumb for trying to trade it off but I listed my Fender Bassman 100 head for trade. It's my only tube amp but it's 100W and I wouldn't be gigging for a few years so I'm caught between keeping it or getting a smaller amp which is why I need some opinions. A guy wants to trade me his Fender Super Champ XD, a Boss BD-2 and $200. It seems like a sweet deal and I really wouldn't be losing out since I bought both the head and cab for $75 with original intentions of selling but I ended up really liking it.

So 2 options, keep head because I may need it in a few years or might end up regretting it after....or sell it off and just buy another head more suited for me when I actually need it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I say keep it man. You can pick up decent practice amp for when you can't use the Bassman. You might regret it down the road.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I say do it. In a few years, you should have enuff money for a gigging amp when you need one. And the Super Champ XD is also all-tube, so it should sound good.
Quote by qotsa1998
I say do it. In a few years, you should have enuff money for a gigging amp when you need one. And the Super Champ XD is also all-tube, so it should sound good.

uh....not NEARLY as good as the bassman.
Remember man, you can always pick up a practice amp, but they arent making new bassmans (well technically they are, but vintage ones are way better)
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Oh yeah I should have added I still have another big loud bass amp. It's not really a half stack but it's the size of a cab. So if I sell this one I have another one for gigging but for practise... I kinda figured a bedroom guitarist with 2 half stacks is just a bit overkill but I like the option (who wouldn't :P )
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Quote by CM_X5
Oh yeah I should have added I still have another big loud bass amp. It's not really a half stack but it's the size of a cab. So if I sell this one I have another one for gigging but for practise... I kinda figured a bedroom guitarist with 2 half stacks is just a bit overkill but I like the option (who wouldn't :P )

wait...youre using it with guitars, right?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
keep it It's not everyday you get a Bassman for 75 bucks! and you can always get a practice amp
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I vote you get it on ebay or craigslist and get as much money as you can for it. Then you get to choose what you buy.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by kool98769
wait...youre using it with guitars, right?

Yeah, I love the sound of a bass amp with a guitar.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Quote by timi_hendrix
I vote you get it on ebay or craigslist and get as much money as you can for it. Then you get to choose what you buy.

+1 at least list it and see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Keep it! You will regret it later if you sell it.
I also love guitars through bass amps.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by timi_hendrix

+ another 1

Frankly, the Bassman 100 isn't that great an amp, but then neither is the Super Champ XD. I think you should profit from it, and then get what you want. At least see is someone comes up with a better trade.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well so far I've heard nothing but good things about the Super Champ but I didn't expect much from it either. As far as cash goes I've had better luck finding people who will do partial trades and so far this one is the most serious.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I don't know what to tell you. I know it can be frustrating trying to move something, but the only thing I like about that trade is the $200 cash. Maybe see if he'll keep his pedal and up the money some more... ?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
He was actually trying to give me a Behringer Tremolo pedal and $100 instead of the $200 so I don't think he can go higher. I don't really want to try eBay either because of the fees and the fact that I'd most likely have to ship to the US.

I guess I'll keep trying because he doesn't have everything yet and for this specific trade I have until maybe the 19th to decide.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP